Dragon Voice Forum > Anime Discussion > Jyou-Sei (or Juou- Sei)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
mungoberry2000

Jyou-Sei (or Juou- Sei)  Reply with quote  

Hi everyone!

I finally got a chance to watch the first 2 episodes of this series and its simply amazing- I was so surprised that the fansubbers didn't jump all over it since the production values are so high. The animation by Bones is fantastic and the music is by Hajime Mizoguchi (who worked with Yoko Kanno on Escaflowne) so expect a lot of beautiful cello solos.

Its based on the manga by Natsumi Itsuki ( Demon Sacred) which ran for over 10 years in Lala- its about twin brothers who are mysteriously dropped off on this wild untamed planet Chimera and have to fight for their survival. I don't want to spoil too much but there's lots of adventure, suspense - its shoujo but with a science-fiction twist.

Definitely check it out! I think you will be pleasantly surprised Smile

Post Sat 29 Apr, 2006 04:12 PM   
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

Re: Jyou-Sei (or Juou- Sei)  Reply with quote  

Really? Cool! I like Demon Sacred Very Happy Will definitely give it a shot~ Which fansub group has fansubbed this? ^^

Hmmm weird... can't find any info abou it on animefo or baka-updates when I search with the keywords: Jyou-Sei or Juou-Sei~~

EDIT: Ah, found it under "Ju Oh Sei" From what I see it's only KissSub who's fansubbing this.. Don't they usually fansub shounen-ai stuff? ^^;;;;

Post Sun 30 Apr, 2006 12:02 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
mungoberry2000

Shounen-ai? Really? LOL. I didn't know that. I was a little hesistant since i'd never heard of Kisssub before but they did an excellent job on the episodes. no complaints. Smile

Post Sun 30 Apr, 2006 05:47 PM   
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

Hahaha, well I associate them with that because of their joint work with ararinfantasy on Princess Princess (the other one being a group that fansubs yaoi and shounen-ai titles... even though Princess Princess is shoujo it does have shounen-ai hints ^^;;;Wink.

Yeah, they are new~~ At least I never saw them around before! I watched the 2 eps that were out and you were totally right! They were really goood XD I only wish they had chosen another font for the subtitle... ^^;; *picky as always~*

Spoilers: I doubt the twin died though ;P He prolly survived ^^

Post Mon 01 May, 2006 11:04 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
Riku
Mum's boy/girl

totally agree the anime is awesome Very Happy Very Happy ..
i loved the twins .. though i [[SPOILERS]]
i dont want Rai do die T^T
i mean he has to live .. to see him only in the first ep that not fair ..
and i was totally angry when Thor raised the knife to kill his bro what was he thinking Evil or Very Mad .. Rai is just so spoiled child >> kawaii ..

anyway tha anim is great .. and i highly recomand it Very Happy

Post Tue 02 May, 2006 07:25 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
linachan

Because they're so many saying it's good... *searching for it*

Post Wed 03 May, 2006 08:03 PM   
linachan

Ah I <3 it. I like the opening and the ending! Got to wait for the 4th ep now ><

Spoiler
Yeah I think Rai isn't dead too, it happens more often in other anime

Post Thu 04 May, 2006 02:49 PM   
aurumice

Great!!
I am looking for something to download anyway.
Very Happy

Post Fri 05 May, 2006 02:51 AM   
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

I love the Opening Theme song XD

And it seems that a couple of other groups have decided to pick this title up as well ^^ *I know at least 2 others* Although KissSub are still the fatest when it comes to releasing the newest ones *so far at least* I've downloaded another version, but haven't checked it yet. Hopefully I'll like the font better ;P (that's about the only thing I have to complain about KissSub's version).

Wow in the preview for ep 6 [color=black:8342856523]Thor looks grown-up... that's fast! He must be near 20... near his limit :S [/color:8342856523]

Btw I find it fun that they chose the names Thor and Odin in the anime XD Is it the same for the manga as well? Thor and Odin are names from the northern mythology: Odin being the "leader" of all the gods in Asgård and Thor being the god of war (the hammer is his weapon and when it thunders it's generally said that Thor is moving across the sky in his wagon)... anyway the name Thor sure fit our young man here ^^

Last edited by mangauniverse on Sun 21 May, 2006 04:06 AM; edited 1 time in total

Post Sat 20 May, 2006 02:38 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
aurumice

Ep 6 is out ??
I can't find it. I got up to Ep 4.

Anyway, the OP actually shoot a older guy with same hair and eye color.
Is that the same Thor ?

Post Sun 21 May, 2006 03:02 AM   
mungoberry2000

i think the names are the same in manga! i'm scanning quickly through the chinese version- the older looking guy is definitely Thor- if you look at the official website- they pair the younger versions with their grown-up counterparts too. my burning question is whether the guy in the OP with short hair/blue eyes in a military uniform is Rai or not? Smile Smile my chinese isn't good enough to understand the really complex plot- Just can't wait to find out-

oh and i made a mistake- this series is only 5 volumes not 10 as i thought. its going to end really quickly then - we are at the beginning of volume 3 with episode 6. but apparently, natsumi itsuki is writing new chapters based on Zagi in one of the Hakusensha magazines- so i'm hoping they compile a new volume of more ju oh sei goodness Smile

Post Sun 21 May, 2006 03:29 AM   
mungoberry2000

Wow!! i just saw episode 6. we fast-forward about 5 or so years so we get to see everyone grown-up. all i have to say is - puberty is very generous in chimera. Razz i dunno about grown-up Thor yet - i need to watch more - he seems to have lost a lot of his spunk or something. maybe its just the acting. anyway, a lot of great action and beautiful animation! i just can't believe its going to be over in 5 episodes.

Post Tue 23 May, 2006 03:19 AM   
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

@mungoberry2000: LOL! I know! I thought Thor had turned 19-20 *he sure looks that old* and not 15 ^^;;; Well Thor is Top, a leader, I think it's cool that he's so considerate and does so much to protect his people *a true ruler!* But yeah his desire for revenge, becoming Jyo Oh, seems to have cooled down quite a lot compared to when he was 11.

What do you mean it'll be over in 5 eps? Are there only 11 episode to this series? *noooooooooo!* >______<

Anyone knows where to get the OP and ED song?

Post Tue 23 May, 2006 09:52 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
mungoberry2000

yup looks like its listed to last for only 11 episodes - which is about right actually- we've covered the first part of volume 3 already out of 5. I heard a rumor that its ending quickly to make way for the second season of Honey & Clover - which also makes me excited!! Smile

Post Wed 24 May, 2006 03:45 AM   
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

Second season of Honey & Clover! Cool~~ Maybe we'll get a better ending then... I was rather disappointed with how season 1 ended. Felt that there were loose strings that weren't really tidied up so after watching I simply deleted the whole series from the comp Razz Well if season 2 is so good that I'd actually wanna burn it then I'll just redownload season 1. ^^

I dun like that rumour, if it's true then it'd really suck that they'd cut down on a great anime as Jyo Sei just to make way for the other anime... LOL, as you hear I'm quite fond of Jyo Sei XD

About ep6: did any react to Thor saying that if his love for Rai had been bigger than his hatred for him etc. I found that a bit odd, because the way I see it his love for Rai did overweight his hatred in the end. I mean he quit before he started harming Rai... did years cloud his mind of what happened? Or is he referring to the moment when he was indeed trying to kill Rai? Hmm, maybe I'm just too picky about things. Also found it odd when he referred to Zagi as "kind and clever", but maybe that was really the way he saw it? They hardly knew the guy when they encountered him and then left... and it was pretty clear that he just saved them because he found them interesting... I would hardly say he was kind when he suggested Thor to get rid of Rai *rather cynical*

Can't wait for ep7!! XD

Post Wed 24 May, 2006 02:48 PM   View user's profile Send private message  

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: