Dragon Voice Forum > Drama Discussion > What dramas are you currently following?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

What dramas are you currently following?  Reply with quote  

Just wondering what dramas you guys are currently following/watching Smile

Personally I'm waiting for the subs of Goong ep20-24, but other than that I'm also following the kdrama Spring Waltz ^^ *really like it~~* Kurosagi is a jap drama that just started airing (actually on our anniversary XD) and that's a series that I'll definitely follow once the hardsubs from Kioku-fansubs are out ^-^ *can't wait!*

Post Sun 16 Apr, 2006 10:22 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
Rin no Rekka
Red Psycho

Re: What dramas are you currently following?  Reply with quote  

Well, right now im trying to finish Kimi wa Petto and just finished Densha Otoko. I just got my hands on them. Whats Kurosagi about?

Post Mon 17 Apr, 2006 06:14 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
linachan

I'm following only Goong now because my hard disk only allows one (or I have to remove the episodes each time TT__TT)

Post Mon 17 Apr, 2006 12:25 PM   
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

@Iinachan: hahaha, that sounds so familiar ^^;;; Used to be like that for me to until I got my external harddrive.. and now I've almost used it up already... though luckily I have a dvd burner so I can free space from time to time XD

@Rin no Rekka: Ah! Densha Otoko is weird but fun, isn't it? ^^ I never could finish watching Kimi no Petto.. I like Matsumoto Jun, but HATED that female main character... she's SO not pretty and can't act IMO, I simply find her overly annoying ^^;;; Kurosagi is based on a manga by some mangaka *entropy's scanlating it!* It's about a boy who's family was ruined by swindlers which resulted in his father committing suicide *in the drama is seems like the father went nuts and killed the whole family, but failed to kill the boy* Anyway this boy swears to get revenge *something like that* and to become a kurosagi, a swindler of swindlers.. meaning he lures the other swindlers off their money... ;P

Yamapi is so cool in that drama! ^^

Post Mon 17 Apr, 2006 04:42 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
sadotsu
Mum's boy/girl

^ I love Yamapi... but his new look is kinda... o_O. Kurosagi is good though!!
Right now I'm watching:
- Gachibaka
- Brother Beat
- 1 Litre of Tears
- Kurosagi
A lot, huh? ^^; I'm a drama freak in case you couldn't tell, lol.
And I plan on watching Attention Please! when it comes out. Ryo-chan~~

Post Tue 18 Apr, 2006 04:01 AM   View user's profile Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
desertrose281

right now its only goong for me.. i dwlded a couple of eps of hana yori but only watched ep1 so far.. i want to watch more but i cant figure out which ones are worth watching o_O..

Post Tue 18 Apr, 2006 09:51 AM   
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

@sadotsu: yeah, Yamapi is really cool XD He's awesome in Nobuta wo Produce! You've seen that haven't you? Ah, I need to make a review on that one~~ XD But I must say that I like him more in his recent dramas... in the older ones like Lunch Queen he was SO skinny! Guys should have some meat on them *and some muscles of course* >;P Anyway, he was just too skinny that he almost looked undernutured IMO @___@

Hmm, haven't seen Brother Beat.. but 1 litre of Tears is really good though! The best sad drama I've seen so far! Really moved me to tears and although I usually hate sad dramas, this one's definitely an exception ^^ Another one I need to make a review on!

Dunno if I'll follow Attention Please... I like the Ryo guy in dramas *he was great in 1 litre of tears* but I've seen too much of Ueta... the main female actress. I've tired of her recently... can't she change her appearance a little? Always that short hair and I find her acting's pretty much the same in all the dramas I've seen her act in... Everytime it feels like I'm watching Ueta the actress play and not really the role she's supposed to act.

@desertose281: Hana Yori dango, the jdrama, is well-made... though I only think that matsumoto jun and the main female actress suit their roles the best... I was rather disappointed with the choices of the other actors... Oguri Shun doesn't suit as Hanazawa! He just doesn't have that X factor... Vic Zhou did a much better job grasping Hanazawa's character in Meteor Garden. And the other members of F4... >________< Hahah, I'm hard to satisfy ;P Bad thing about this drama is that everything's so rushed! @____@ You really must have read the manga before or it'll seem pretty inconsistent at times... Good thing about Hana Yori dango the jdrama is that it they really displayed the "wealth of the riches" well and the clothes look really cool and fashionable Smile at least compared to Meteor Garden.

I'd recommend Nobuta wo Produce, 1 litre of Tears (both jdramas) and Mars (twdrama) for starters ^^ Oh, and Dae Jang Geum is a korean masterpiece! That's something u definitely should watch sometime Smile For funny korean dramas I'd recommend: Full house and My Name is Kim Sam Soon. Hehehe, hope to get you addicted XD

Last edited by mangauniverse on Tue 18 Apr, 2006 09:36 PM; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue 18 Apr, 2006 05:16 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
desertrose281

@mangauniverse: thanks for the reccommendations.. i think i will watch the rest of hana yori when i go home (im on holiday now).. i've already watched kim sam soon and full house >_< loved it! i also watched the first 8 episodes of 'heaven's tree' but it was so depressing and dragged on for so long that i havent watched the last 2 eps, lol..

Post Tue 18 Apr, 2006 08:35 PM   
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

@desertose281: yeah it's worth watching XD And you're welcome ^^ Feel free to ask for recommendatins anytime! I'd be happy to help on that XD Ah, Heaven's Tree... I watched like the first 4 eps and then quit following it. I liked the girl in there, she was cute but didn't find the story too interesting something... and I didn't like that boy so~~ You should try Spring Waltz instead Smile That's in the same sort genre, a bit slow-paced and melodramatic, but I'm simply luve it ^____^ Beautifl scenery, lovely piano playing and I really like the main male and female character! The actor and actresses are really fitting... heh, I can't understand I like this one so much ^^;;;; It just appeal to me a lot. However I hope it won't end crappy like Autumn Tale and Winter Sonata... though from what the director says it should be different, so I hope he won't disappoint us and give us a happy ending Smile (he said he won't repeat any endings from his earlier dramas which are Autumn Tale and Winter Sonata).

Post Tue 18 Apr, 2006 09:43 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
sadotsu
Mum's boy/girl

quote:
Originally posted by mangauniverse:
@sadotsu: yeah, Yamapi is really cool XD He's awesome in Nobuta wo Produce! You've seen that haven't you? Ah, I need to make a review on that one~~ XD But I must say that I like him more in his recent dramas... in the older ones like Lunch Queen he was SO skinny! Guys should have some meat on them *and some muscles of course* >;P Anyway, he was just too skinny that he almost looked undernutured IMO @___@

Dunno if I'll follow Attention Please... I like the Ryo guy in dramas *he was great in 1 litre of tears* but I've seen too much of Ueta... the main female actress. I've tired of her recently... can't she change her appearance a little? Always that short hair and I find her acting's pretty much the same in all the dramas I've seen her act in... Everytime it feels like I'm watching Ueta the actress play and not really the role she's supposed to act.

Yup, Nobuta was my favourite drama from that season. I liked Nobuta Yamapi the best out of all his looks so far... he wasn't excessively muscular, but not stick-thin either.
And I would watch anything that had Ryo-chan in it. He and Aya are so cute together!

Post Wed 19 Apr, 2006 11:46 AM   View user's profile Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
shinhwa_gurl
Mum's boy/girl

hmm right now i'm just waiting for Goong ep.20-24..i'm waiting for the girls to upload it with subs..can't wait to watch!!

Post Thu 20 Apr, 2006 01:55 PM   View user's profile Send private message   MSN Messenger
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

@shinhwa_gurl: hehehe, me too XD From the project status it seems they are done with translating and timing for ep22-24!! XD So it only needs to get edited and then... XD I bet they'll be out this week-end ^_________^

Post Thu 20 Apr, 2006 06:45 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
shinhwa_gurl
Mum's boy/girl

mangauniverse: yeah hope so..i'm constantly checking up on it..used to do that daily, every day i was checking for it..i got tired so now i'm just waiting..some say there's a season two and it'll be out somewhere of next year? isn't that a little long?? i just hope i'm still alive by then..hehe..

Post Sat 22 Apr, 2006 04:14 AM   View user's profile Send private message   MSN Messenger
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

@shinhwa_gurl: hahaha, I know! Though it seems that right now they've got up to ep 24 totally translated and timed XD Though editing is pending >____< They've started translating the Special ep as well... I hope they don't intend to wait with releasing all the subs until they got that special one done as well @_____@

Post Sun 23 Apr, 2006 06:27 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
desertrose281

ah, even tho the subs came out for 20-21 i still havent watched them :'( [why oh WHY did i forget my harddrive?!]

@mangauniverse: wats this special episode? my sis-in-law keeps asking me to dwld it but i dont even know wat it is.. does it follow the story line?

Post Sun 23 Apr, 2006 06:54 PM   

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: