Dragon Voice Forum > General Discussion > Cloning
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Genesis

Cloning  Reply with quote  

Aaah, what science does to your brain, the mind reels. =__=
So my question is, what do you think particularily about the future of cloning?

I personally wish for scientists to continue researching this, because it's fascinating. To be able to clone a frog...and then a sheep! Imagine how much farther they could get. To be able to clone animals and research cures for fatal diseases and improve animal products and all sorts of things, I think the future would be bright.

Unfortunately...The best way to experiment is to use human embryos. It's truly infortuitous that they banned this, in Canada anyway as far as I know. I think, using discarded embryos should be okay...it's for the progression of science, that could affect us positvely in the future. Scientists won't get far without material, so I'm kind of upset with that.
It could patially be who I am, with my disagreeance in this matter though too. Some, especially religeous, don't even believe in abortion let alone experimenting with those aborted cells.

Well I don't know, but that's my opinion. It's become a controversy, so what do you think?

Post Tue 02 May, 2006 09:59 PM   
lele

Re: Cloning  Reply with quote  

woah, brainy topic.

well, i'm anti human cloning, but all for organ cloning. weird eh? but i do feel that if we can clone a vital organ needed to survive (other than the brain, since it's not really doable) and help prolong the lifespan of mankind. on the other hand, human cloning is not entirely possible as one can never and SHOULD never clone a soul or memories. so there.

Post Wed 03 May, 2006 04:39 PM   
Rin no Rekka
Red Psycho

Im also against human cloning. Even if for example my lover died and someone offer to clone another human being exactly the same having the same memory as him. Deep down inside u know he is not the one u love. Also, there will be issues of Clones VS the original human being. There will be racist issues about this. Race as in clones and original. It will be more hectic with the existense of clone. Just watch the island >.>; regarding cloning human parts. I also dislike it.

Post Wed 03 May, 2006 04:47 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
Liiz

i'm also against human cloning and i think it's banned in most countries, no?
well, the scientists have cloned human organs, or more like they have changed a few genes in animals like pigs so their heart will be fit for humans if there ever is a need for it Rolling Eyes i guess you would want a pig's heart if you find out that you have a fatal heart disease and will die if you don't get a new heart within a month. Confused

still, are you aware of the fact that scientists are trying to revive mammoths by cloning a frozen mammoth? Very Happy

Post Wed 03 May, 2006 07:57 PM   
Rin no Rekka
Red Psycho

Liiz ---> No. Im not aware of the fact that they are cloning frozen mammoth. Is there such thing as frozen mammoth? Shocked
Genesis ---> I agree. I would be really really be angry if someone tried to do experimental stuff to my aborted cells. 1st of all, how would one feel if their dead son/daughter (not cell) is experimented? Of course you wouldn't want that. Its like u have ur feeling and emotions devoted to this cell before it gets to become a human. Even if it fails to live, u wouldn't just throw them in the trash. Thats just wrong!! >.<

Post Wed 03 May, 2006 08:02 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
Liiz

rin: yeah, there is! they've found a few frozen mammoths, one not so long ago too, i think it was year 1999 or something, and it's not really fully examined yet. the scientists still holds the hope of useable DNA. It's really interesting, the method they're using Laughing

Post Wed 03 May, 2006 08:08 PM   
linachan

And here's one too who's against it. I heard that each of the cloned animals died earlier than they should be or was it just a rumour. I kinda think that the future is already bright enough, because how would people look when they're 150 years old or so...the human body isn't really build to live that long I think, because those who're 110 or so don't really look healthy or do they?

And cloning for human parts or such...it's the same as transplantation in some way... the organ wouldn't be yours if you get one... not that i'm against transplantation because I even want to give away my organs when I die... I just think cloning parts sounds more weird/eww than transplantation to me because it's not usual...yet

@Rin no Rekka: Yeah I agree I wouldn't want to have my lover cloned...because it just doesn't feel right although I would be heartbroken.. I don't want a clone to replace him...

@Liiz: i didn't knew they wanted to do that to a mammoth! If they would succeed then I think in the near future humans will freeze themselves in... oh god ... Btw I hjeard that when you're frozen all the ice moleculs or so destroy your vital organs and such...can they fix such thing?

@Genesis/Rin no Rekka: Yeah, you wouldn't throw them in the trash... but in my biology room there are real embryos of 1, 2, 4 months old, I wondered if those were real and the teacher said that they were real... I would never want my aborted child to be shown in a biology room or so.. I wonder how they got there...

Post Wed 03 May, 2006 08:23 PM   
Liiz

@linachan: actually, there are people frozen in, kids even! they wanted to wait for science to find a cure to cure their sickness so they decided to freeze themselves.
i don't know if they can fix ones' organs when they get damaged from being frozen down, but i do know that if you're frozen long enough, your organs, dna and all that will be destroyed and there's no way to revive you again. Rolling Eyes crazy people Confused

Post Wed 03 May, 2006 08:31 PM   
Rin no Rekka
Red Psycho

Liiz ---> People would really go that far to be experimented? Its like throwing away one's life. But then again its related to psychology. Shadow!~ (thx to the psychology thread). Becoz of the sickness they are desperate enough to do the unthinkable. Hoping for a miracle. Im not that much against reviving frozed creature if theres a way (not by cloning though). Coz there are cases of people who dont want to live right now. Tired of living. They could just freeze themselve and wait a few years to be revive. It will prevent suicidals. >.>

Post Wed 03 May, 2006 08:36 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
linachan

@Liiz: Ah now you talk about that I remember that ppl did that yeah... kidna sad for the kids because they couldn't really choose... but I meant that freezing in could become a habit for those who want to see the future..
@Rin no Rekka: I think most of them just like to live in another time, or that they want to see the future beucase if someone is suicidal I don't think they would want to revive after a few years..

Post Wed 03 May, 2006 08:44 PM   
Liiz

@Rin: Yeah, there are people freezing themselves to wait for a cure. psychology ^^ i'm not that familiar with that since i'm in the science program in senior high so i don't really have psychology class Very Happy. you have a point there, freezing people to lessen of suicidals is kind of a good idea, but the fact that they felt tired of life before might not change after being frozen for a few years since when you're revived again you won't really feel the gap of years you've been frozen.. you'll still be the same as before you where frozen down right? Confused

Post Wed 03 May, 2006 08:45 PM   
Rin no Rekka
Red Psycho

lina-chan/liiz ---> In a way. But think of it like this. Some of the people who wants to suicide is becoz of the background. For example her family and friends ALWAYS insults her and she is tired of having that as a routine. also she has no one in her life. So frozen up. Wait for 100 years when no family and life is diff. Getting a job is easier (maybe) and stuff. Just a theory. Coz i understand how one's feel not liking the life background.

Post Wed 03 May, 2006 08:50 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
white_queen
Active baby

i'm not for it...but i won't stop others from getting cloned organs or something...
although, if you clone a child, i would hunt down the scientist and give him a piece of my mind. no joke.
fine, research however much you want,
but don't touch a living human.

i would personally never get cloned organs even if i was going to die, because
i'm not afraid of death, and if we keep extending how long we have on earth...
what value does life have? it diminishes as we do so...
as amazing as cloning is...it's just...ugh. no.
to save a child who needs bone marrow, go ahead, but i would strongly recommend
against any organs.
again, i would not save myself from any cancer.
and i would not stop someone either.

Post Wed 03 May, 2006 09:25 PM   View user's profile Send private message   AIM Address MSN Messenger
Rin no Rekka
Red Psycho

white_queen ---> Thats a great principal you have there. I salute you.

Post Wed 03 May, 2006 09:30 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
white_queen
Active baby

@rin: haha..thank you ^^~

Post Thu 04 May, 2006 12:07 AM   View user's profile Send private message   AIM Address MSN Messenger

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: