Dragon Voice Forum > General Discussion > Cloning
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Genesis

Re: Cloning  Reply with quote  

Hm, yeah I noticed the pattern when I asked around about the experimenting and further. Maybe it's my immaturity that cases my different thoughts on it, I'm not sure. I guess I stated my real opinion people would think I'm a monster and stuff, according to what lots of people say; no .
I don't know... It's interesting none the less. *ew I'm being all nerdy lately. Urk.* But to find cures for things like AIDS... it would be fantastic.

Post Thu 04 May, 2006 02:06 AM   
linachan

@Rin no Rekka: Yeah that could be it too

@white_queen: I agree that the value of life lessens the longe ppl can live. You're really brave, that you're not afraid of death. But I want to live for now till I'm old enough to die, not that I die young so that my mother/friends/someone gets really sad, I would really feel bad when they would...

@Genesis: well I don't think you're a monster or stuff, it's your opinion. I kinda agree that it's interesting but interesting is another thing if the cloning turns into something sick or something.
There might already been medicines against some diseases, but there are companies which keep it a secret so that they can use it on a time when they can make really much profit of it... I think it's just selfish to use it only when it comes in handy for them...in economical ways... because there are maybe a lot of mothers which die on aids who leaves a child behind, while they will starve to death or also on aids.

Post Thu 04 May, 2006 10:02 AM   
Liiz

@rin: yeah, it could turn out like that but not everything will change, ppl will always be bullied in school and work, there will be discrimination and if the fact that you've been frozen down for some time gets known, it might be a reason for bullies to start bullying you... Confused well, that's just my thought though...

Post Thu 04 May, 2006 02:41 PM   
Rin no Rekka
Red Psycho

Liiz/lina-chan ---> Maybe, maybe not. But there is a chance that one of two of the frozen resurrected people would want to try to live. No point arguing/discussing about this though. Not like its gonna happen ._.

Genesis ---> Everyone has their pov that isn't approved by society. You might be right, you might be wrong. I dont blame you if you find this interesting. Its abit complicated to say you should go for what u think is right but just becoz u have an opinion about something that is regarded as wrong doesn't really make you a monster unless u enforce it on other people.

Post Thu 04 May, 2006 03:39 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
Genesis

That's true I suppose.
I would never allow any scientist, no matter how smart they think they are, to experiment on a born living being. That's just not right. >< And as long as the animals don't get hurt from the experiments...like When Dolly was born, no animal got hurt. I love animals too much to think experimenting on them's okay. >...<
I don't know though, I hope the science society comes to a conclusion soon, I want to see what they will do on this matter. There is still a lot of people who would like to find out more in this area.

Post Fri 05 May, 2006 08:06 PM   
Rin no Rekka
Red Psycho

Who's dolly? I understand what u mean by animal. I mean even though i hate frogs or toad, when i saw it being cut off (not that im scared) and my classmate poke the heart with knife and all. I just dislike it alot. All i can think is what if u were cut open like that. I dont think science society will come to conclusion anytime soon. Its just not realistic for it to just dissapear unless the world ban scientist which is very unlikely.

Post Sat 06 May, 2006 03:33 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
moofii
The Unbeatable Moderator

rin: dolly was a sheep who was really famous for being the first mammal to be cloned from the DNA of an adult animal (in 1996). i think she died a few years ago...

Post Sat 06 May, 2006 05:01 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
Liiz

i agree with rin there, it's impossible for them to come to a conclusion, scientists will always want to experiment on things, such as animals and humans and we who's not a scientist awaits the new things they've come up with...

i'm not really making any sense.. not to me anyway Confused

Post Sun 07 May, 2006 07:08 PM   
linachan

I've read somewhere that when your pet has died that you can clone it if you sended DNA of it to a company. Then they will charge a sum of $30000(?) depending on which animal. I think this is kinda weird... because when your pet dies you could get the ''same'' one the next week/month. What if they would do the same with humans in the future O.o...

Post Sun 07 May, 2006 07:27 PM   
Rin no Rekka
Red Psycho

Simple. White queen would track that scientist down and give him/her a huge long lecture xD

Post Mon 08 May, 2006 06:30 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
linachan

Oh god I wish her luck with tracking down then xD

Post Mon 08 May, 2006 02:36 PM   
Liiz

i'm sure she will be able to do that since that person would probably have become famous and all that Laughing

Post Mon 08 May, 2006 08:34 PM   
lele

hmm, although many of you make sense and i'm still against total human cloning, i must say organ/limb cloning not only prolongs life, but also gives disable people a chance to live a different life. imagine a crippled man getting a cloned arm, as digusting as it may sound. or a kid with failing kidneys. these people have their own souls to begin with, so passing them cloned limbs is a great idea to me. however, if the process of doing so involves experimenting on countless failures, then i'm a bit torn.

Post Tue 09 May, 2006 03:22 PM   
linachan

@lele: Yeah I agree, if the experimenting also makes animals or so loses its life, I think almost everybody will be torn...

Post Tue 09 May, 2006 05:01 PM   
white_queen
Active baby

quote:
Originally posted by Rin no Rekka:
[color=red:ae26116222]Simple. White queen would track that scientist down and give him/her a huge long lecture xD[/color:ae26116222]

(couldn't quote the two following ones after...T-T)

yeah...i pretty much would.
and i would have no problems tracking him/her down..
i have my ways, let's just leave it at that...hahaha.
NO ONE CAN ESCAPE MY WRATH!!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...
^^;; (shhhhh! this doesn't leave the four sides of the forum...right? XD)

lele: i agree for disabled people..like cloned arms as you said... but still...the kidney one...eh...i'm a bit iffy. i'd think it best if not to.
besides, death is not a bad thing. sure, people will mourn for their loss, but you should take the time to celebrate the person's life. how lucky you were to have known that person. things like that.

i remember having one huge complaint about dolly: i hated the name.
^^;;... ... ... .. ...

Post Tue 09 May, 2006 10:53 PM   View user's profile Send private message   AIM Address MSN Messenger

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: