Dragon Voice Forum > Wanted! > Proofreading and Editing!

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
boatswain

Proofreading and Editing!  Reply with quote  

I'd love to help out with proofreading and editing! Here's my experience:

Proofreading: I do alot of proofreading at school, since I'm the editor of the school yearbook. I haven't really proofread manga before, though. I think that I will be able to do it though, because it seems to be similar to simply reading a book.

Editing: I confess that I do not have that much experience in this field. I know how to edit text out and put in and such, but I can't really do sfx that well. But if you ever need a backup editor, I'd love to assist!

Post Tue 18 Apr, 2006 10:13 PM   
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

Re: Proofreading and Editing!  Reply with quote  

Hey!

Where do you live? Do you live in an English speaking country? But yeah proofreading is about correcting grammar mistakes, rewords awkward sentences etc.

I'm always in real need of editors Smile Do you use photoshop? That's a requirement because it's always been nothing but hassle with ppl using other editing program because there are some necessary features that they don't have, which I have to fix when qchecking...

Please e-mail me at dragonvoice (at) gmail.com and I'll send you our DV editing test Smile If you have a lot of time to spare then I'd be happy to train you as editor as long as you don't disappear on me... <____< I've had waaay too many editors who just disappear without a word and I'm tired of it... the least I want is to be kept informed. I'm pretty negotiable when it comes to deadlines and stuff, I know how it is with going to school and having exams and all that. Hope to hear from you Smile

Post Wed 19 Apr, 2006 10:46 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
boatswain

I live in LA in USA =)

Yay! I would love to assist editing. I have Photoshop CS2 and I will email you. (hey that rhymes XD)

Post Thu 20 Apr, 2006 01:31 PM   
Kihaku

Hello, I'd like to know more about the editing/proofreading offer:) I don't have any experience in scanlations though, but I have browsed through a few tutorials and I'd really love to do it! Very Happy

I also live in an English speaking country and have Paint shop v. 7 and Photoshop elements and man oh man>_< I promise to work really really hard!!

(ps Boatswain, we live pretty close to each other 0.0! I live in sunny San Diego!)

Post Sat 29 Apr, 2006 04:07 AM   
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

@Kihaku: if you're interested in editing please send me an e-mail and I'll send you our dv editing test Smile

As for proofreading, I'll keep that in mind ^^ Do you have a lot of time to proofread? Hmm, hope you're not confusing things between editing and proofreading... Read this to find out the difference between editing and proofreading:

http://dragonvoice.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38

Post Sat 29 Apr, 2006 11:51 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
mminuyasha

Proofreader and Editor  Reply with quote  

Hi. I wanted to let you know that I would be glad to work as an editor or proofreader, whichever you have more need of.

I do not have photoshop at this point in time, but I do have professional graphics editors and I am planning on getting Photoshop in the near future. I have been doing graphics editing for three years, but only recently began to focus on learning to edit manga.

I also have straight A's in English and Writing classes, and help edit others schoolwork. I have lived in America my whole life and understand grammar rules well. I would be happy to either proofread or edit, but would really like being able to do both on the same project. I feel the mre than a single person works on a project, the more they will understand the story and be able to portray it in understandable terms.

Anyway, I noticed in the above posts that you asked them to mail you for an editing test, so I will go ahead and do that right now!

mminuyasha

Wow, that sounded so serious! Wink

Post Fri 12 May, 2006 02:11 AM   
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

@mminuyasha: Hey! I got your e-mail and I mailed you back ^^ Thanx to everyong for your offers ^^

Post Fri 12 May, 2006 02:45 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
shadow
Mum's boy/girl

Hi, i would love to help do proof reading...i would do editing but i don't have photoshop...i guess that isn't much help is it? But does proof reading need anything else apart from just reading and correcting stuff? Do i need any programs for it at all? Smile

Post Sun 28 May, 2006 06:02 AM   View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ] MSN Messenger

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: