Dragon Voice Forum > Dragonvoice Projects > Penguin

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
grace_ahne

Penguin  Reply with quote  

wow, Tsukuba is really getting popular! I really like this, maybe some of her manga is destined to anime, we'll have to wait and see

Post Sun 04 Jun, 2006 08:29 PM   
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

Re: Penguin  Reply with quote  

Yup her works are getting popular ^^ I dunno if I'd be keen on seeing them animated though.. I have a hard time believing that they can make the anime-art resemble the manga-art and if they can't then it's really not justified~~ Tsukuba Sakura's got a special touch when she draws, it's just only her art but also how she portrays things... subtle and a bit poetic... especially in Mekakushi ^^

Post Mon 05 Jun, 2006 09:22 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
mungoberry2000

yeah i have mixed feelings too actually. while i think sakura tsukuba is popular enough to totally deserve an anime (come on, so many manga in Lala are being animated- host club, cluster edge, golden chord, karekano, jyo-sei, shinigami no ballad) i would definitely want the directing and animation and the acting to do it justice. her artwork and characters are so beautiful and passionate-i'd hate to see her work totally butchered (cough- Peach Girl, Aishiteruze Baby). i was thinking the people who worked on Mushishi maybe? ah well, we'll just have to wait and see Smile

Post Wed 07 Jun, 2006 04:14 AM   
UnChanged
Mum's boy/girl

Yea i totally agree. I read both of her series "The Land of the Blindedfolded" and "Penguin Revolution", both are very good. Land of the Blindedfolded is more of the cute type, cute like Kare Kano cute (first love...sweethearts) while Penguin, her newest I probably think is her best yet. Her works are simple but beautiful.

Post Sat 14 Apr, 2007 02:04 AM   View user's profile Send private message  

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: