Dragon Voice Forum > Drama Discussion > Review: From the Heart / Things you taught me

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

Review: From the Heart / Things you taught me  Reply with quote  

Title: From the Heart / Things you taught me (君が教えてくれたこと)
Number of Episodes: 12
Broadcast Year: 2000

mangauniverse's Rating: 5 out of 5

Quick Synopsis: This is about a young high intelligent autistic woman, Mayuko Amemiya (starring Tomosaka Rie), and a former doctor Shinichi Sayama (starring Kamikaya Takaya) who's now teaching at a cram school. Being an autistic with high intelligence means that Mayuko's intelligence is the same as anybody else'. However, she's unable to understand, express or percieve human emotions and thus having a hard time adapting in a society where ppl have little knowledge of autistic. Shinichi Sayama on the other hand is still traumatized by the death of his girlfriend, who died in front of him due to a car accident. This has in fact made him unable to drop tears anymore. Things start to change though after the fateful encounter between the two of them... will Shinichi be able to help Mayuko understand human feelings and will she be able to teach him how to cry again?

mangauniverse's Review: This is a REALLY touching drama! Although it's a bit old there's a natural and genuine feeling to it... Rie did a fantastic job acting the autistic Mayuko and there was a good chemistry between the main characters. I totally love it! ^_____^ Some thinks it has a poetic feeling to it and there's some truth in that. Although the sideplot about Mayuko's little brother is a rather predictable ^^;;; I really recommend this to everyone Smile You can download the batch torrent on d-addicts, however the quality of the eps aren't very good *unfortunately* But it's really the story that counts XD *definitely makes up for the lq-ness* I just hope someone will release a HQ release of it sometime in the future ;P *one can always hope*

Last edited by mangauniverse on Sun 28 May, 2006 01:27 AM; edited 1 time in total

Post Thu 25 May, 2006 06:45 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
moofii
The Unbeatable Moderator

Re: Review: From the Heart / Things you taught me  Reply with quote  

wow, a 5 out of 5? i'm definitely putting that on my dramas-to-watch list ^^ thanks for the review, mu! Very Happy

Post Sat 27 May, 2006 03:43 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

LOL! Yeah, I kept trying to figure out negative stuff about that drama but couldn't find any... I'll rewatch it sometime in the near future and maybe alter the rating to 4.9 but it certainly is around there ^^

When you do get around to share your thoughts on it ;P

Post Sun 28 May, 2006 01:16 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
dreamer_forever

i'll make sure to check it out
if i can find it =]

Post Sat 10 Jun, 2006 01:30 AM   
desertrose281

oh! i saw this drama on a website the other day but didnt bother looking into it.. since u gave it 5/5 i'll definately put it on my "to watch" list.. Very Happy

Post Thu 24 Aug, 2006 10:39 PM   

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: