Dragon Voice Forum > Drama Discussion > Manga to Drama ^_^
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Do u like watching them ?
Yes ( like to watch the characters a live ^_^ )
100%
 100%  [ 9 ]
No ( it will ruined th manga -_-; )
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Riku
Mum's boy/girl

Manga to Drama ^_^  Reply with quote  

Hiii it been a while ^________^

as the topic mentioned i would like to write down the manga/manhwa that turned to drama ..

i'll be writing about the new ones ..
and it up to u of what u want to write ^^ ..
with your help im sure it will be great topic ^o^

==============

Hanazakari No Kimitachi E, For you in full blossoms
More Info
well i cant belive that they actually turn it to drama 0.0 ..
i really loved this manga ..
but i cant say that i like Ella for playing Mizuki they dont have any similaraties ~_~ ..
i hope that it will be great to watch ^^ ..

Princess Princess
Official Site
i was shocked is when i heard about it ..
to think that guys are going to wear girls cloths - not to mention lolita designs @_@ ..
well .. im a bit relieve that at least the actor playing Mikoto is a good looking one XD .. Pictur Here ..

Boku to Kanojo no xxx
Official Site
well .. this drama will be interisting to watch ^^ coz i found the manga so funny to read [known as "My Barbaric Girlfriend"]..
and to watch it a life XD ..
English Trailer can be found Here ..

Tokyo Juliet
Official Site
i cant say any thing coz i never read it -_-; but it seems kinda of popular ^^ .. more info ..

Death Note
Official Site
wo0ow the site is sure AWESOME !! .. and the Trailer is great too ..
and to think that it was produced by Warner Brothers u can tell how great it will be ^^ ..
i cant wait to watch it XD~ ..
[P.S There will also be an anime ^^ ..]

Prince of Tennis
Official Site
PoT is my favourite sport anime ^______^ .. though didnt like the actors-_

-"
i prefer the musical play with live actors acting the roles .. they fitted more -exept Echizen who seem really chibi in the live action movie ^^ ..
but i'll still watch it XD ..

Post Sat 01 Jul, 2006 12:22 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
linachan

Re: Manga to Drama ^_^  Reply with quote  

It depends on the manga, so if there something magically or impossible going on I prefer the manga, because it looks really weird if it's a drama like Sailormoon LA. *I can't vote so...

Waah they're going to make a drama out of Hanakimi, I hope it will turn out well and that they won't ruin it o.o...

Post Wed 05 Jul, 2006 04:08 PM   
aurumice

OMG.
There is a Princess Princess Drama.
Izit out yet ?? I wonder how those
guys feel ...having to dress in costumes.

Post Thu 06 Jul, 2006 05:43 AM   
moofii
The Unbeatable Moderator

LOL a PoT live-action movie?? that's gotta be hilarious~~ Razz
when did it come out?

i think they did a pretty good job casting; the actors' physical appearances seem to stick pretty straight to the manga... though the PoT characters' personalities are so extreme, i don't know how well the cast can act in character... and i'm quite sad that the drama has made ryuzaki-sensei a young woman rather than a crazy old granny :[

hahaha after watching the trailer, i'm totally laughing my ass off at the way the tennis matches are chock full of special effects Laughing the smoking tennis balls and literally explosive groundstrokes are so SILLY XD
but i must say i'm quite satisfied by the cast

Post Mon 17 Jul, 2006 09:24 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

It's a tough question... it really depends on what kind of manga you're talking about.

Hanakimi - this twdrama adaption looks like crap in my opinion. Just look at that cast... I predict it'll be a disastrous experience so I dun plan to follow it... hope there'll be a jap adaption of it sometime in the future~~ I think they'd make a better job and even though I'm no huge fan of the manga (no longer a huge fan that is.. loved the beginning of it, but didn't like it much at the end), but at least it "deserves" better. I'm sure it'll fit among awful dramas like Poor Prince Taro, Marmelade Boy and Peachgirl *shudders*

Princess Princess - Oh, I love the manga but I SO dislike the anime and I totally detest the live adaption drama of it >_____< The drama contains of a sort of asian humour that I disgust me... big thumbs down from me that's for sure. The manga is waaay superior~~

Tokyo Juliet - I'm following it and it's pretty good Smile I've got no idea how faithfully it follows the manga though, because I've never read it ^^;;

Death Note - looks pretty good, I think they've done a lot of work on it. I dun fancy this series too much, I loved it in the beginning but then... it'll be interesting to compare with the manga though Smile

Boku to Kanojo no xxx - I've been looking everywhere for this one ^^;;; If anyone knows where to get it let me know~~ XD With subs of course ;P

Prince of Tennis - LOL! I didn't know about this~~

Well there are other manga that have been turned into live action movies:

Happy - I watched it recently and it was okay... once again I think the manga is better, you can't really transfer the feeling/atmosphere this mangaka creates in his works... he expresses a lot more things in his drawings.

Saikano - I've only seen the trailer of it so I dunno if it's any good, but it's out there Smile

Lovely Complex - This has been released this summer ^^ I've only seen the trailer though so I cant say much~ I think this drama would make a wonderful drama! As long as they dun make up too ridiculous sidecharacters~~

Touch - I only know there's a jap live action adaption of it... it seems pretty good, but that's all I can say ^^;;;

Grave of the Fireflies - LOL, this prolly dun fit here, but it's a movie adaption of that anime movie and an awesome one at that! Gives more insight into that aunt~~ Extremely sad of course, but I really recommend it!

That's about what I have to say I think~~

Post Tue 18 Jul, 2006 04:22 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
Trang
Mum's boy/girl

i voted yes, but there were a few disappoints in the big manga -> drama jump...anyway, thanks for sharing all the info on upcoming dramas! i'm super pumped now =)

I saw a short feature on death note in the japanese seventeen magazine, L looks awesome! just like the manga! haha, raito doesnt really look like his counterpart though...from what i hear, that is one of the main reasons people don't like the live versions of manga

some of those guys from princess princess are really cute!...but will they look good as girls -_- it's nto easy to make real guys look like pretty girls like it is in anime lol

and im not to fond of the hanakimi adaptation...mizuki looks a little TOO much like a boy...and sano doesn't look like the manga at all!...but hanakimi is one of my fav manga's so i'll prolly be extra hard on the drama -_-

...i wonder what the shinigami will look like in the live action...realistic i hope...

Post Sat 05 Aug, 2006 07:43 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
masala_chai_tea

I like the live action dramas, but they have to be well done. I am really enjoying Devil Beside You (based on Akuma de Sourou) as well as Goong, but I don't like the HanaKimi adaptation. I will be looking forward to watching the Lovely Complex live action when it comes out!

Post Fri 11 Aug, 2006 08:09 PM   
desertrose281

lol - i didnt know bout all these ones coming out..

hanakimi: cast doesnt look so good.. i guess its just that u probably cant find anyone in real life hotter than the drawings, lol.. ahh, they shouldve cast mike he as sano.. he wouldve been a really good sano.. if this drama gets subbed i'll watch it just out of interest..

princess2: i havent watched it since it didnt get subbed but then again i dont think i would watch it even if it did.. it'd probably spoil the manga for me.. the cast looks good tho..

death note: saw the trailer and cant wait to watch it!!

tokyo juliet: read the manga so i'll probably watch the drama - d-addicts is down now so i cant get more info on this..

Post Thu 24 Aug, 2006 10:31 PM   
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

Hey desertrose! If you know how to use clubbox then you can dl Tokyo Juliet from: http://clubbox.co.kr/lienny Smile It's watchable, but right now I'm more enjoying the twdrama Silence more.

Boku to Kanojo XXX seems to be a webdrama and not a movie. Pretty interesting ;P Though it's only available as chin-subbed atm ^^

Last edited by mangauniverse on Fri 25 Aug, 2006 11:45 AM; edited 1 time in total

Post Fri 25 Aug, 2006 11:38 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
desertrose281

thx 4 the link mangauniverse .. i actually tried to use clubbox b4 but it totally wrecked my pc so my brothers have banned me from installing it, boo Mad so now i can only dwld from direct dwld sites.. thx anyway Smile

Post Fri 25 Aug, 2006 11:43 AM   
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

Oh icic. Some ppl are indeed very suspicous of Clubbox, but of course it's not good if it wrecks the comp :S

Check this website:

http://www.silentregrets.com/

In the twdrama section they have some eps of Tokyo Juliet (only the ones that's been fansubbed I believe) uploaded as megaupload links Smile It's a very interseting site, however it's down atm... not sure for how long. But do check from time to time Smile I usually use it when I want to check out a new drama ^^

Post Fri 25 Aug, 2006 11:48 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
desertrose281

ohh, thx 4 that - i didnt realize silentregrets has the tokyo juliet drama.. i thought they only had the movie.. cool! the sites been down for 2 days now.. *cry* i think my sis started watching tokyo juliet on utube so maybe i'll check it out there 1st b4 i dwld when i have the time Wink

Post Fri 25 Aug, 2006 11:53 AM   
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

Ah, right! I forgot about Youtube ^^;;; You can find about anything there really XD *check out Silence as well sometime!*

For something really funny, search for Super Junior Fullhouse in youtube! XD It's SO funny XD XD XD Not a drama though, about a homestay at a pop korean music group (Super Junior). But if you want a good laugh *or need one* go and watch ;P

Edit: here's the link for the first part of ep1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s1kN0R8l0U

Post Fri 25 Aug, 2006 12:00 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
desertrose281

oh~! super junior fullhouse looks good.. i stumbled upon it b4 in utube but it didnt have subs, i didnt know it has subs now, yay!

Post Sat 26 Aug, 2006 01:03 AM   
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

Really? Cool XD It was my sis who found out about it first ^^ So far 7 eps have been subbed by the dedicated guys from SJFULLHOUSE forum ^^ Which of those guys do you like? I think Kibum is pretty cool, but Hankyung is just so cute~~ dumb, but cute XP Hahahah the "how it's like in korea" imitations in ep7 is just too hilarious! XD XD XD

Post Sun 27 Aug, 2006 12:15 AM   View user's profile Send private message  

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: