Dragon Voice Forum > Anime Discussion > Gedo Senki - The new Ghibli movie!

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

Gedo Senki - The new Ghibli movie!  Reply with quote  

Gedo Senki (Tales from Earthsea), based on the fantasy series by Ursula le Guin and directed by Goro Miyazaki, son of the famous Hayao Miyazaki (director of Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle and you name it ;P).

The Hawks have subbed the first trailer (http://thehawks.org). On their website they announced that they'll definitely be fansubbing Gedo Senki when it comes out so that's something to look forward to! XD *at least I do*

I uploaded the fansubbed first trailer to MegaUpload:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JAM5BQGN

The second trailer of the new Ghibli movie can be viewed here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xuMos5bgOc&feature=Views&page=1&t=t&f=b

Also synopsis of it can be found here:

http://www.ursulakleguin.com/GedoSenkiSynopsis.html

I heard about this new movie around x-mas this year and it was rumoured to get released in Japan this summer, but I couldn't quite believe it since it took another year than planned or so to finish Howl's moving castle. However it seems that it'll indeed air in June 2006 because according to a reliable fansite the were pretty much done with it... those who finished their tasks have gotten their summer vacation already ^^ (Source: http://www.nausicaa.net/miyazaki/newspro/latest_news.shtml)

From what I see the art looks pretty much the same, but there is a sligth difference... I dun think it's as fine-tuned as the art in Hayao Miyazaki's movies (the recent ones anyway), but rather looks like something he'd have done in his earlier days *kinda* But maybe I'm just imagining things? ^^;;; Still, I cant wait to watch this XD Though it'll prolly take quite a while before we get anything that's fansubbed I believe~

Post Mon 01 May, 2006 06:14 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
linachan

Re: Gedo Senki - The new Ghibli movie!  Reply with quote  

I wanna see that! The landscapes, surroundings and animation looks really pretty in the trailer *o*. Ah but I think I have to wait another year beofre I can see it T-T ... Yeah I agree that the art kinda resembles that of Hayao Miyazaki.

Post Mon 01 May, 2006 07:25 PM   
dreamer^^

omg coool, i really wanna see thet tooooo^^ I never knew that the trailer was out already. But i think Goro Miyazaki has done quite a good job, and i agree, it's very similar to Hayoa Miyaki's older works.

I can't belive it's coming out on June, thats actually quite quick 0_0 I just can't wait to see it!! *runs around like a mad woman*

Post Wed 03 May, 2006 07:15 PM   
mungoberry2000

Hey everyone!

Aoi Teshima's first album is out! it includes her 2 songs that are included in the Gedo Senk OST. Its a really beautiful and gentle album- lots of songs - i can't really describe it- but it gives off a lot of floating, ethereal vibes. definitely worth checking out- i think aznmp3 has released it Smile

Post Sat 15 Jul, 2006 07:54 PM   
linachan

quote:
Originally posted by mungoberry2000:
Hey everyone!

Aoi Teshima's first album is out! it includes her 2 songs that are included in the Gedo Senk OST. Its a really beautiful and gentle album- lots of songs - i can't really describe it- but it gives off a lot of floating, ethereal vibes. definitely worth checking out- i think aznmp3 has released it Smile

Thanks for notifying me xD *goes to check it*

Post Sun 23 Jul, 2006 11:10 AM   
mungoberry2000

Gedo Senki OST now out! Also released by the same group- very orchestral and dramatic Smile i'm really getting excited for this movie Smile

Post Tue 25 Jul, 2006 02:01 AM   
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

If I remember corrected the release date of this movie (in the theatres) is the 28th July, which is 3 days from now XD XD XD Though it'll prolly be MONTHS before anyone will have a fansubbed version out Smile The Hawks will be fansubbing it, however I'm not sure which version they are going to go with... cam or wait for dvdrip that is. For Howl they went with cam... and then of course a bunch of other groups came out with dvdrip version ;P

Post Tue 25 Jul, 2006 09:10 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
linachan

Yeah are they going to fansub it? Hmm.. I hope it wasn't released when I didn't check the animeupdates sites x__x
Gotta dl it, my sis would be happy xD (she loves those movies even more than me)

Post Tue 19 Sep, 2006 07:53 PM   
ezpoang

Haven't seen it yet, but a friend that did mentioned that it really doesn't follow the Earthsea books in case anyone was planning on watching it for that reason. It's still a Ghibli movie though

Post Wed 20 Sep, 2006 04:43 AM   
linachan

What's a Earthsea book? Well I dun really mind as long as the movie will be great Razz

Post Thu 21 Sep, 2006 06:00 PM   
ezpoang

quote:
Originally posted by linachan:
What's a Earthsea book? Well I dun really mind as long as the movie will be great Razz

Earthsea is a series by Ursula K. Le Guin (wikipedia info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earthsea ). I haven't read them so I can't really say how they are, but I've heard they are good.

Post Thu 21 Sep, 2006 07:52 PM   
linachan

Ah thnx a lot for the info Razz

Post Thu 21 Sep, 2006 08:21 PM   
ezpoang

Glad to help Smile

Post Thu 21 Sep, 2006 09:46 PM   
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

Yeah... when ghibli makes a movie based on a novel it still ends up not following the same storyline ^^;;; *weird* Just waiting for someone to fansub it ;P

Post Sat 23 Sep, 2006 11:39 AM   View user's profile Send private message  

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: