Dragon Voice Forum > General Discussion > Post introductions here! Let's get to know each other thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
lagren12

Post introductions here! Let's get to know each other thread  Reply with quote  

Hi! I guess I'll start this thing. I've been here at DV for around 2 years... was in other groups before though. I remember joining when I saw MU was interested in translating Shimizu Reiko stuff, and the rest is history. Let's see... the last drama that sticks to my mind is Dae Jang Guem and one of my fav manga is Tenshi Nanka ja Nai, so go read it! Razz

Post Fri 14 Apr, 2006 06:50 AM   
lele

Re: Post introductions here! Let's get to know each other thread  Reply with quote  

hi, can i post here?

anyway, i'm a member of RandomSpot , a new hosting site and i've been a manga reader for more than 10 years now. i've been a fan of Dragonvoice for a year now. i don't have irc, but i'm eternally grateful to all http download hosters in the world, and that means you guys! my fave mangas are HanaKimi, Kanata Kara, FMA and Fruits Basket.

Post Mon 17 Apr, 2006 03:54 PM   
lee_jennifer92

Re: Post introductions here! Let's get to know each other thread  Reply with quote  

Hi! My name is Jennifer and I don't think I'm really a part of any group. Um, I'm gonna go to high school next year (I'm really excited!) and um, I have a lot of different manga I like!! Dragon Voice is one of my favorite sites!!

Post Mon 17 Apr, 2006 08:26 PM   
c_k

Hi people. I haven't really read manga until recently, and now I'm really into manga, more so than anime now. I got introduced to manga through anime from finding out that most animes are based off of mangas. I like many different types of manga although currently I like shoujo more than shonen. I'm not apart of any scanlation group, although I try to do my part by offering a few chapters for download on my fserv. If anyone wants to talk, just PM c_k on irchighway.

Current manga obsessions:
Skip Beat, Koukou Debut, Never Give Up, Ouran Host Club, Eyeshield 21, Airgear, Beauty Pop, B.O.D.Y., Kakumei no Hi, Yoroshiku Master, Princess Princess, Family Complex (and so many more...too many to list!)

Currently watching:
Monster, Bleach, Ouran, REC, xxxHolic, waiting for Tsubasa S2

Post Tue 18 Apr, 2006 02:58 AM   
white_queen
Active baby

hihi..
name's ice.
female...age XX T-T double digits...o the agony.
i love reading/drawing manga
i'm in a project w/ a friend of mine as of now
i wasn't ever into reading unreleased manga until...late 2005.
now...i'm just plain addicted. =p

i am krn-american...Christian.
i play the violin.
currently in love w/ mr. darcy of pride and prejudice...haha.
of course, yul is in my heart too...haha XD

i'm really interested in psychology. especially jungian.
any kind of music is my passion (w/ the exception of most rap and most country)
i'm an arts student...i like my drawing.
i love history...and hate science. T-T
i'm a writer/reader...so i guess i'm quiet?
i'm definitely an introvert.

i love folding paper stars and crane eggs.

Post Tue 18 Apr, 2006 06:47 PM   View user's profile Send private message   AIM Address MSN Messenger
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

Hey everyone and welcome! ^^ Hope you'll enjoy your stay here~~

@white_queen: wow, that's cool~~ then I can consult you about all the interesting korean stuff! *fufufufuf* I'm also interested in psychology ^^ I wonder if I shouldn't have studied that instead of what I'm currently studying for... *too much MATH!* I love drawing too, though haven't done that for almost a year I think... just haven't had the time <____< *really needs to practise* What do u usually draw? I usually draw manga stuff but I dun make drawing portraits of ppl, though I'm just an amateur I think I usually manages to capture the most distinguishing features of the person in question ^^;;;; *so that u can kinda figure out who the model is if you know him/her*

Ah, paper stars~~ I learnt how to fold them over a year ago while staying in Hong Kong during winter vacation ^^ *still got some left* Never folded or even seen paper crane eggs before o___0

Post Tue 18 Apr, 2006 07:40 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
desertrose281

hulloooo

im desert rose (of course not my real name Razz).. 19 yrs old.. i live in new zealand.. umm.. im half singaporean, half english..

im really into manga and manhwa.. ive managed to use up my entire 40gb ext harddrive with manga alone.. Very Happy

i just started getting hooked on korean drama as well since i watched goong out of curiosity..

umm, im studying arts in uni rite now and i absolutely cannot draw or do math Razz

Post Tue 18 Apr, 2006 08:22 PM   
white_queen
Active baby

@mangauniverse: haha, interesting korean stuff...? if you want to compare opinions about anything, I'm up to it. I warn you, I'm still an amateur in psychology. Haha. currently, my history teacher is my main feed of information...he's also a psychology teacher and sometimes teaches psych to our class...haha^^;; so i often pester him with my questions. Math...I think is actually fun. haha T-T I'm such a nerd...haha. well, i like being timed w/ equations and things like that.
i draw anything my teacher wants...haha. he assigns us projects that give us freedom to distort it to our liking. in my own time, i like to do photo realism, manga, and pen/ink design. i'm trying out print making...which is not successful so far...^^;;
perhaps i'll show you some crane eggs through a picture...when i have enough ^^;;

@desertrose: welcome welcome. ahh!! halfie!! (good thing) which side has more influence on you, do you think? hahahaha. hard core reader, eh? what's it like in new zealand? i have never seen pictures or anything. please do entertain me w/ an accurate description.
yes!! power of korean drama!! if you'd like some title recommendations, you must watch "my sassy girl" (it's a classic), at least a few episodes of "all in", "full house", and "lovers in praha".
hope you enjoy your stay.

Post Wed 19 Apr, 2006 05:49 AM   View user's profile Send private message   AIM Address MSN Messenger
shinhwa_gurl
Mum's boy/girl

hey everyone! i'm Michelle..i don't really know why but i'm suddenly interested in reading manga scanlations..haha^^ ppl usually know me as the korean crazed aka shinhwa lover...i'm really into korean music and other stuff..i'm hoping to get to know u all better..let's be friends!..*note* i like this site! Surprised

Post Wed 19 Apr, 2006 11:20 PM   View user's profile Send private message   MSN Messenger
lee_jennifer92

I already wrote up there a while ago, but I'll write some more here now!! I'm Korean too, but I've never lived there before, although because all of my family lives there, I visit almost every summer! I used to really like origami and stuff, but I started really disliking it after I had to teach it in a class a while ago because everyone was my age and didn't listen to a word I said!! I started reading manga/manhwa maybe about a year ago because I used to kinda like some anime shows when I was little, I also liked to watch Korean dramas with my cousins when I was visiting them. Smile I guess that's it for now Razz

Post Thu 20 Apr, 2006 12:36 AM   
linachan

Hi, just wanted to drop by for a sec...

My hobbies are drawing, learning Chinese, watching anime, reading manga...

My fav. DV manga are: Penguin Revolution, Yoroshiku Master, Beauty Pop, B.O.D.Y., Ai Baby.

Post Fri 21 Apr, 2006 02:07 PM   
Rin no Rekka
Red Psycho

Hi! Im known as Rin online. 17 turning 18 years old. Been playing online games since 2 years ago while reading manga, watching anime and studying japanese. I just got my o lvl result last month and i'll be going to KL to study Pre-U course before i could jump into a certain U in japan. I fall in love with anime ever since i was 6-7 years old. It was when my brother and sister drag me to watch sailormoon s. Fall in love with manga since 9. All my siblings love anime as much as I do. My interests are manga, anime, visual kei band especially dir en grey,speaking in japanese fluently and the colour red Embarassed .

Post Fri 21 Apr, 2006 05:07 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
lee_jennifer92

@Rin no Rekka: Wow! You can speak Japanese fluently? And English! Cool!!

I can kinda speak Korean good... I think, I don't know a lot of long words, but I can read and write in Korean! Just a little... ok a lot slow Razz So I'm like I kid in being able to talk and stuff in Korean Razz

Post Sat 22 Apr, 2006 12:58 AM   
shinhwa_gurl
Mum's boy/girl

Jennifer: you're korean! lucky u! it doesn't matter that u don't know much korean writing and stuff but you're KOREAN!! i wish i was korean too..but unfortunately i'm not..i'm asian though..just not korean..i'm really into korean stuff..i'm trying to learn to read and write korean now which isn't improving a bit..it's harder than i thought..i also love korean dramas! well yea here's jus a little more about me.

Post Sat 22 Apr, 2006 03:57 AM   View user's profile Send private message   MSN Messenger
Rin no Rekka
Red Psycho

quote:
Originally posted by lee_jennifer92:
@Rin no Rekka: Wow! You can speak Japanese fluently? And English! Cool!!

I can kinda speak Korean good... I think, I don't know a lot of long words, but I can read and write in Korean! Just a little... ok a lot slow Razz So I'm like I kid in being able to talk and stuff in Korean Razz

No no. U misunderstand~~ Its in my interest to speak jap fluently. It means im still not able to. I can speak in simple not so polite jap that i pick up from anime. But its not instant, I have to think 1st before I speak. Ooh, nice~!

Post Sat 22 Apr, 2006 07:38 AM   View user's profile Send private message  

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: