Dragon Voice Forum > Dragonvoice Projects > Hi I'm new here and I was just wondering...
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
lemon_squeezy86

hi I'm new here and I was just wondering...  Reply with quote  

Im new so im not sure if this question has been asked countless times before (sorry if it has) but does anyone know where I could purchase the B.O.D.Y. volumes by Ao Mimori in english? If anyone knows could u please tell me! thank you! Very Happy

Post Wed 02 Aug, 2006 03:31 AM   
manfa

Re: hi I'm new here and I was just wondering...  Reply with quote  

i'm not sure if B.O.D.Y is being licensed...because if it was Dragonvoice wouldn't be scanlating =) i guess you just have to wait for it to be licensed by a company before you can purchase B.O.D.Y in english =)

Post Thu 03 Aug, 2006 07:24 AM   
lemon_squeezy86

oo... ok thanks for letting me know! sorry for asking such an obvious question lol.

Post Thu 03 Aug, 2006 08:45 AM   
paccanto
Mum's boy/girl

can someone tell me where can i download chapter 5 from B.O.D.Y? or when will it come out on DV? Rolling Eyes Very Happy

Post Wed 21 Feb, 2007 08:09 PM   View user's profile Send private message   MSN Messenger
moofii
The Unbeatable Moderator

uhm... chapter five can be accessed on the BODY project page on the DV website... but maybe you were talking about volume five? DV hasn't released chapters from that volume yet, so please wait for them. :]

Post Thu 22 Feb, 2007 02:31 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
paccanto
Mum's boy/girl

i meant for volume 5, sorry Embarassed
ok, but the problem is that i can't wait Very Happy Wink

Post Thu 22 Feb, 2007 01:42 PM   View user's profile Send private message   MSN Messenger
paccanto
Mum's boy/girl

but... is it transleated (sorry, if i wrote it wrong) into english, or it's only avaiable in japanese?

Post Thu 22 Feb, 2007 05:58 PM   View user's profile Send private message   MSN Messenger
moofii
The Unbeatable Moderator

as far as i know, BODY hasn't been licensed by english companies yet (or else DV would probably not be scanlating it). so the answer to your question is yes, the books are only available in japanese, and possibly chinese/korean...

Post Fri 23 Feb, 2007 12:52 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
paccanto
Mum's boy/girl

ok, thanks Rolling Eyes

Post Fri 23 Feb, 2007 06:03 PM   View user's profile Send private message   MSN Messenger
Nami Queen

B.O.D.Y is not out in chinese yet, I've been trying to look for this too, but just can't find it anywhere.

I'm definetely glad that DV picked up this wonderful series!!

Post Mon 26 Feb, 2007 03:55 AM   
paccanto
Mum's boy/girl

but, i read, that volume 5 came out in 2005... It's in the end of volume 4, so i don't understand Anxious Eh?

Post Wed 28 Feb, 2007 01:56 PM   View user's profile Send private message   MSN Messenger
paccanto
Mum's boy/girl

looks like, no one can answer my comment Very Happy Rolling Eyes

Post Sat 17 Mar, 2007 10:21 AM   View user's profile Send private message   MSN Messenger
paccanto
Mum's boy/girl

no news about b.o.d.y? <sorry if i'm anoying Anxious >

Post Fri 06 Apr, 2007 08:44 AM   View user's profile Send private message   MSN Messenger
moofii
The Unbeatable Moderator

First of all, please read the FAQ here http://dragonvoice.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=306 before you ask those types of questions. Smile

Okay, even if volume 5 came out in 2005, it's not likely that DV as a scanlation group can keep up with the manga's releases in japan... Scanlation is time-consuming work that makes it very difficult for scanlators to release translated and edited chapters as soon as they come out in japan; only with some extremely popular manga like naruto does this happen, thanks to extremely dedicated scanlation teams. It really shouldn't come as a surprise at all that DV is still working on volume 5 even though the manga has 9 volumes out in Japan; we have other things to do than to scanlate manga 24/7. Volume 5 and on will come out when DV is able to release them.
Among fans who don't read japanese/korean/japanese, it's common courtesy to wait patiently while scanlation groups work on chapters of manga/manhwa. Scanlators are all volunteers who do all this hard work for free and have school and/or jobs in addition to all the other things in their lives. If you really "can't wait" then go learn japanese and buy B.O.D.Y at http://www.nippon-export.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=24_33_825_2173. If you're unable to spend your own money to do that, then perhaps you could learn to edit and join DV; then you could help DV to release B.O.D.Y. as fast as you would like.

I apologize for sounding so bitchy and ornery. I just wanted to make it clear that scanlators are not required to release chapters super-quickly. Please be patient. Thanks! :]

Post Sun 08 Apr, 2007 12:45 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

@moofii: Thanx for clarifying that for the ignorant ones...

Chapter 1 of volume 5 was partially translated before the translator quit, but was kind enough to hand it she had done. I'm trying to get the rest translated, which will hopefully be soon, but yeah if you want faster releases please help out with translating it from japanese. Otherwise I hope you'll be patient and we'll release BODY as soon as we have the chapters ready.

Post Sun 08 Apr, 2007 07:59 PM   View user's profile Send private message  

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: