Dragon Voice Forum > Dragonvoice Projects > Penguin Revolution licensed ?

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
aurumice

Penguin Revolution licensed ?  Reply with quote  

I heard that Penguin Revolution is licensed.
Is that true ?? If it is true, I will be really sad.

What's DV gonna do about it ?

Post Fri 26 May, 2006 09:14 AM   
sweet_yuki
Mum's boy/girl

Re: Penguin Revolution licensed ?  Reply with quote  

Taken from manganews.net:

quote:
CMX to Publish Densha Otoko: CMX will be publishing the shoujo version of Densha Otokoby Wataru Watanabe, as well as Penguin Revolution by Sakura Tsukuba. Source: Comic Book Resources

I guess it's true. Penguin Revolution has been licensed Crying or Very sad

Post Fri 26 May, 2006 10:04 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
lagren12

We all knew this was coming, just not when... First volume planned for October right after they finish with Mekakushi! Time sure flies doesn't it? They're almost done with Mekakushi already~

Post Fri 26 May, 2006 11:21 AM   
mungoberry2000

Don't be sad! Its great news that Penguin Kakumei is licensed! It means that Sakura Tsukuba is popular enough that even her newest titles are getting picked up! We can probably look forward to seeing her stuff more frequently in the US. Crosses fingers for Yoroshiku Master.

I'm totally digging the popularity of Lala series- I mean, how cool is it that Vampire Knight, Mekakushi, Penguin Kakumei, Beauty is the Beast, Host Club, Golden Chord, Recipe for Gertrude, Moonchild, Merupuri are in or coming soon to bookstores-I am so glad Smile

Post Fri 26 May, 2006 06:06 PM   
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

It's licensed? Wow, that's fast... but yeah it was only a matter of time. This is exactly why I was trying to hurry up with this project *without much success though* ^^;;;;

About Yoroshiku Master, I don't think it's "popular" to license one volume mangas... but then I could be totally wrong ^^;;; I just don't think I've seen many licensed one volume works apart from the ones that CLAMP did.

@mungoberry2000: LOL! We need to hurry up on the Yuki Midorikawa projects then ^^;;;; Licensing Lala series sure looks like a trend.

Post Sun 28 May, 2006 02:32 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
mungoberry2000

LOL! I don't know if there's any well-known series left to license in Lala anymore. Maybe Reiko Shimizu or Natsumi Itsuki stuff? With the new chapters coming out, i'm hoping Yoroshiku master will eventually be a multi-volume work and hence, totally marketable Smile

I really do think that the american companies troll the scanlations sites so they can gauge what the popular titles are. i mean- look at how popular dragonvoice's stuff has been! all gobbled up! that means you are totally on the mark Smile hee, i agree- we should totally "discover" yuki midorikawa for them- they are totally missing out on her coolness Smile

Post Sun 28 May, 2006 04:56 AM   
jayjo

oh its allready licensed? dats why i couldnt find it now. -.-;;

Post Sun 28 May, 2006 01:04 PM   
dreamer_forever

im sad to see it licensed...
i need to mark my calendar to buy the books now once they are released
all of dv projects seem to always be licensed sooner or later

Post Sat 10 Jun, 2006 01:38 AM   
Manga_Panda

question:

Do you guys want to drop it or not?

Post Mon 13 Nov, 2006 07:42 PM   
vivacioussky
Mum's boy/girl

Ohh guys noo!! Dont drop the series T__T
It's too awesome for that Very Happy

Seriously though, Id prefer that you guys didnt drop it but if you did, theres not much to be done I guess. Its a pity I dont get manga that easily where I live...especially titles like this. I would have bought them otherwise Crying or Very sad

Darn! Another favourite getting licensed Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

"Let us do something unforgivable." ZeroXYuuki

Post Fri 16 Mar, 2007 08:25 AM   View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ] Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
achan

It's sad that this will no longer be a Dragon Voice project, but maybe the company who picked it up with take good care of it because of your example. ^__^ You did a great job! Thanks for being so diligent on this project. Wink

Post Fri 13 Apr, 2007 04:03 PM   
UnChanged
Mum's boy/girl

Hmm...I knew this was gonna happen, Penguin Revolution is really popular, love the story and art. Two thumbs up! it's hard trying to get some scanlations on it though...this is probably the first site that has it. (that doesn't take forever to download with my slow internet). Meanwhile for Vampire Knights...come on, the author's previous one was Muri Puri, which was surprising selling ok (came out around same time as NANA, ever see that?) so her newest is pretty good. All the new artists are getting better by the generation!

Post Sat 14 Apr, 2007 02:09 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
~^^EtErNaL-wInTeR^^~
Mum's boy/girl

Yes. Unfortunately it's been licensed which is really and I mean really annoying. I mean I can't buy it where I live and now they're licensing it? I really really like it the storyline, the pictures, and I also hope some romance gets going sometime would it.

Post Mon 18 Jun, 2007 11:29 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
blablageh

quote:
Originally posted by ~^^EtErNaL-wInTeR^^~:
Yes. Unfortunately it's been licensed which is really and I mean really annoying. I mean I can't buy it where I live and now they're licensing it? I really really like it the storyline, the pictures, and I also hope some romance gets going sometime would it.

Agreed, it's hard to find manga where I live too...
(sigh..) And I was looking forward to this series too...

Post Wed 27 Jun, 2007 02:28 AM   
Utada
Mum's boy/girl

*Searches for it in the nearest store that sells US manga* ...YAY, THEY'VE GOT IT UP TO VOL 3! Shocked Razz *Reads a little closer* ...Not in stock. *Dies*

Post Thu 28 Jun, 2007 11:34 AM   View user's profile Send private message  

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: