Dragon Voice Forum > Manga Discussion > Koukou Debut <3
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
cecikuna

Koukou Debut <3  Reply with quote  

Has anyone ever heard of Koukou Debut?

Summary [taken from Aicoalition]: Haruna Nagashima gave her all to softball in middle school, and now that she's made her high school debut she's decided to give her all for a new goal. Getting a boyfriend and falling in love! However, she has one small problem. Since she never paid any attention to fashion or trend in middle school she has no idea how to go about attracting her yet-to-be-found love. But a chance encounter with with Yoh Komiyama provides her with the opportunity she needs. If he coaches her in how to become attractive, surely she can find herself a boyfriend!

http://www.aicoalition.com/images/manga/koudebut.png << is a link to a picture of the main characters.

It's a really cute manga, filled with all sorts of wackiness, bad outfits and humor.

Rating wise... on a scale from 1-10, (one being worse, ten, best) it'd get a ... 7-8ish. Not because it's not enjoyable, but because my tastes are actually quite different from what the manga is. But, the manga is so fun that I like it anyway, despite it not being my type (WHICH IS WHY YOU GUYS HAVE TO READ IT). It's a overall, very light, funny, romantic type of manga that's so wacky it can pass the border between fantasy and wacky at times, but it'll surprise you here and there by the sincerity and devotion it shows between characters when you least expect it. It can be cliched at times, but what works of fiction aren't? So far, it's on chapter 24, scanlated-wise, (to my knowledge at least) but it has a lot to develop, so stick around!

My favorite characters are actually Asaoka and Assa-chan. Assa-chan is so creepy and cute that it's hard not to love her ^^"

If you haven't read it, go now! If you have, what are your thoughts on it?

Post Mon 29 Jan, 2007 08:30 AM   
moofii
The Unbeatable Moderator

Re: Koukou Debut <3  Reply with quote  

hmmm i read a couple chapters of it a few months ago, but i wasn't interested so i stopped ^^;; but if you say it's really good, i might pick it up again Very Happy

Post Tue 30 Jan, 2007 06:05 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
Nami Queen

I like this series too!! The couple are like first time falling in love.

Boku tachi is doing it, and they are aroudn Vol. 6.
Thought is best to say it here, before you pick up this series Wink

Post Mon 26 Feb, 2007 02:52 AM   
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

Oh, it's really good ^^ At least the first couple of volumes! I totally agree with you about it needing some developing! I saw the raws for the recent chapters and well they seem a bit "flat" and kinda like oneshots... the author ought to make a more steader red thread that one can follow througout the series. The humour is great, but yeah I would like some real story development.

Post Mon 26 Mar, 2007 03:59 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
yui-kun
Mum's boy/girl

Needs more scans. </3

Post Tue 27 Mar, 2007 03:39 PM   View user's profile Send private message   MSN Messenger
destinyxz

i agree:D i love this manga to bitsssssssss.

Post Fri 20 Apr, 2007 11:18 AM   
unplugged
Mum's boy/girl

omggg love kokou debut!!
last chapter i read was like chapter 25
SOO GOOOOD

Post Sat 19 May, 2007 04:33 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
mami

sry guys but i have some news...it was lincesed(by Viz i think)...and it was dropped by boku tachi and everyone else...so no more...and it makes me angryyyyyy

Post Sun 01 Jul, 2007 01:17 PM   
wiskiz
Mum's boy/girl

I really like this one too!! love the way the romance between the 2 characters, haruna and yoh develop - especially when the gal's so "rough" and forward... she's really fun to watch and her romance seems so pure! another interesting one is the romance between the sister and the other guy... they're so cute together too!!

Post Fri 13 Jul, 2007 06:28 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
Pinechan
Mum's boy/girl

Re : Koukou Debut <3  Reply with quote  

I love Koukou Debut Very Happy

It's just so cool and so different from the shoujo mangas I usually read. Haruna is really cute, especially her personality. Yoh and Haruna have wonderful chemistry ^^ It's really sad that Boku Tachi has dropped Koukou Debut, I wish to see it published in my country soon Rolling Eyes

Post Wed 25 Jul, 2007 08:15 AM   View user's profile Send private message   Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
kuroneko_chama

I love koukou debut!!

At first, I think this manga will end when harunaXYoh ended up together and there's no story about them...but I'm glad I was wrong!!

I love their relationship! It's so funny and yet so romantic!It's funny to see haruna who loves shoujo manga and Yoh who didn't like stuff like that!! Very Happy
Even when there are some rivals for yoh (that is soo shoujo manga!) but the mangaka really make it different!!

can't wait for the new volume!!

Post Sun 16 Sep, 2007 07:59 AM   
Clover Blue

quote:
Originally posted by mami:
sry guys but i have some news...it was lincesed(by Viz i think)...and it was dropped by boku tachi and everyone else...so no more...and it makes me angryyyyyy

GAH! I feel the same way. I feel like I'm in a paradox: I want them to license my favorite manga, then if they do I have to wait months for them to catch up for anything new!

Post Mon 29 Oct, 2007 12:17 AM   
auzzyfreak

aah! this manga is SO cute! Even though I think Haruna can be annoying sometimes with her whole "I'm dense and the slightest touch of a dude makes me pass out, etc"
though it does call for alot of funny situations.

Definitely though, Yon is so cute when he shows his affection, I love this couple and series! Very Happy

Post Wed 26 Dec, 2007 03:57 AM   
lele

this is one of my favourite shoujo manga! haruna and yoh are just too sweet to be true! sometimes i just wish i could be as dense and innocent as her...

volume 10 is coming out! can't wait~!

Post Sun 30 Dec, 2007 03:04 PM   
Misaki_chan
Mum's boy/girl

Koukou Debut is adorable!!

Viz is releasing it as High School Debut. Boo. T_T Good for the mangaka, I guess, but their title is so much worse than Koukou Debut!!

It's adorable, cute, and not high drama, but people going through the funny parts of their life as they grow. And how to REALLY treat and grow in a relationship. How it's suppose to be take and give, not submission. How both needs to make an effort and do something nice for each other, not just male OR female. But that you should never completely think this, but just do it because you want your other half to be happy.

It's such a heartwarming, funny, adorable manga. ^^ And the art is so feel-good too! It makes me want to smile right back. It has a happy quality to it, though at first glance, you'd think it was normal shoujo style. The mangaka has some great qualities to her art that makes it stand out though, and thank god it's not one of those chibi chibi mainstream manga like say, H3 (I like H3, don't get me wrong, but it's art is like that).

Post Wed 14 May, 2008 11:29 PM   View user's profile Send private message  

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: