Dragon Voice Forum > Manga Discussion > What shall I Buy ?

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Riku
Mum's boy/girl

What shall I Buy ?  Reply with quote  

hii alll ^__________^

i was wondering if anyone can give suggestions of what manga to buy since this will be is my first time buying mangas Very Happy

and what catch my attentions were :

# Nodame Cantabile since i read the 1st three volumes i found it one of the funniest manga i had ever read XD [i highly recomand this manga for all](v4-v6)
Summery
# Beauty Is the Beast i adore this manga and love EimixWanichi pairs ^^ [i know that ivy groups are releasing it but i still want to have it ^^]
Summery
# Land of the Blindfolded my most beloved manga *chu* even though i read DV scans -which were best- still holding the manga feels different *_*
Summery
# Immortal Rain hmm .. even though fantasy/magic are not my type but i heard that one is awesome so .. ^^; (v1+v2)
Summery
# I.N.V.U. i heard this one is popular too so i decide to try the 1st volume .
Summery
# Chocolate by:Shin JiSang i read 5 volumes scans and found it wonderfull so i wil start buying from (v6+v7) .
Summery
# Priceless : found the story quiet interisting (v1).
Summery

so .. any comments about the above ?

and it will really help to hear your suggestions Exclamation ..

Post Wed 07 Jun, 2006 10:00 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
lele

Re: What shall I Buy ?  Reply with quote  

well, if you really like Nodame Cantabile then buy it. depends on your budget really. you can collect mekakushi no kuni as it IS a good series if you got the cash.

i personally find immortal rain VERY interesting, both its artstyle and story. wish i know the title in chinese. anyone doing the scanlations?

Post Thu 08 Jun, 2006 02:28 AM   
mungoberry2000

i guess i would go with some mangas that have good re-read value and aren't too long-running (20+ volumes can get pricey) Smile
i love land of the blindfolded- its not too long (only 9 volumes) and the story and characters are so good that i've reread them many times over.
beauty and the beast is a good series for the budget-restricted- its only 5 volumes - that would be really easy to collect.

i wish i could help you out on the others but i haven't read yet so i don't want to give bad advice. enjoy!!

Post Thu 08 Jun, 2006 07:17 PM   
aurumice

All !!

Just kidding but that's me.
That's why I can't go shopping. I end up with many pieces
that I like and totally confused. My simple solution is to buy all.

Post Fri 09 Jun, 2006 02:22 AM   
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

Well, personally I'd got for the Mekakushi no Kuni set Smile As mungoberry2000 pointed out it's only 9 volumes so it's a decent lenght ^^ I plan to get it myself later on... as well as all volumes of Mars which is one of my favourite mangas ever XD

Post Tue 13 Jun, 2006 05:26 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
Jenangelx3

hm... i havent really read any of those. just pick whatever u might like. buy Nodame Cantabile if u really like it alot.

Post Sat 08 Sep, 2007 06:05 AM   
yoh
Mum's boy/girl

I think I'd go with Beauty is the Beast out of all of them because it's short so you'll have the whole set in a short period of time. After that, I'd recommend Mekakushi no Kuni because it's also completed and you don't have to anxiously wait for a new volume to come out to buy.

Post Thu 13 Sep, 2007 05:22 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
Misaki_chan
Mum's boy/girl

Read quite a few.

I can definitely recommend Nodame, Chocolat, and Beauty and the Beast.

All 3 immerse you in their world. Nodame has an intimate, funny, quirky insight into the music world. Chocolat into the world of fandom (very very intense in Asia) through a young girl's eyes. And beauty and the beast just rocks. (is that a good reason? No? I don't care).

Post Wed 14 May, 2008 11:35 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
sra_morte
Mum's boy/girl

Well I personally like Nodame (and the live action OMG) lol. but u have to see what u like more! ;D My first manga was merupuri and i luv this until today

Post Mon 19 Jul, 2010 02:54 AM   View user's profile Send private message  

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: