Dragon Voice Forum > Dragonvoice Projects > Main character in "Princess Princess"... he or she

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sakuna
Mum's boy/girl

Main character in "Princess Princess"... he or she  Reply with quote  

Hello, I'm confused ^_^; is the main character of "Princess Princess" a boy or a girl? The first couple of pages show him in a girls school wearing a girl's uniform. Is that a parody or part of the actual story? I am itching to know for some reason. Thank you Very Happy !

Post Mon 17 Apr, 2006 10:45 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
SnoWfReaK
The Unbeatable Moderator

Re: Main character in "Princess Princess"... he or she  Reply with quote  

I think that's not part of the actual story. If you noticed, at the top of those pages, it says "Prince Prince".
so the main character is a boy ^^

Post Tue 18 Apr, 2006 02:15 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
desertrose281

yea, he's definately a boy in a boys school.. i think that first part wasnt part of the actual storyline - i think..

Post Tue 18 Apr, 2006 09:31 AM   
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

LOL! That was just a parady sort of thing... Inverting everything: from all boys' school to all girls' school, all boys obsessed about having a "Princess" idol to all girls obsessed about having a "Prince" idol (thus "Princess Princess" to "Prince Prince") Even Tooru's name was altered to a female version of it: Tooko. Also at the top of page A it says: Takarazuka which stands for "women only theatre", to be more precise the woman play all the roles... just like in Shakespears time, though back then it was only men who played all the roles. This is just to emphasis the parady... get it? ^^

With all that said, Tooru's indeed a boy who just enrolled in an all boys' school and isn't too happy about it Smile

Post Tue 18 Apr, 2006 04:35 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
desertrose281

ohhhh... i get it now...

Post Tue 18 Apr, 2006 08:12 PM   
azn_juliet

I know i was sooo confused after i read that teaser then read the rest i was like O_____O he....she..? theni found out he had to attend an all girls school for middle school due to family problems and finally he got in to an all boys school for high school =_= ah.. so confusing >_<

Post Wed 10 May, 2006 10:55 PM   
manfa

hehehe dats hilarious XD i love how the author made such a funny but original storyline =D heehehe ^__^ but yeah o_o do you reckon in japan it would be reali like that in all boys skls?! o.o

Post Tue 01 Aug, 2006 07:29 AM   
Hikari_nekos
Mum's boy/girl

Its a funny parody thing.
I doubt that in an all boys or even girls school in Japan would be like that... in most Japanese or w/e drama some of the schools would have some really cute or hot "idols/ princes or prince" but nothing like that... of a job they have to do to dress up and cheerer people on, etc... that is what Cheerleaders and such are for.
In most mangas or anime some of the guy or even girl roles in school plays are played by the opposite sex... kind of like Shakespeare but not :Sweat: the best ex. of something like that would be the manga called W-Juliet :heart: one of my most fav. mangas in the day. Its licensed now... but you can find it in one of your bookstores near by.

Post Fri 28 Dec, 2007 05:10 AM   View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ] AIM Address MSN Messenger

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: