Riku
Mum's boy/girl

Honey & Clover [Review + Discusssion]  Reply with quote  

:: Honey & Clover ::

Genres: Comedy, Drama, Romance, Shoujo, Slice of Life
Episodes: 26
My Rating: 5/5

Summary:
Takemoto Yuuta, Mayama Takumi, and Morita Shinobu are college students who share the small apartment. Even though they live in poverty, the three of them are able to obtain pleasure through small things in life. The story follows these characters' life stories as poor college students, as well as their love lives when a short but talented 18 year old girl called Hanamoto Hagumi appears. [source:animenewsnetwork]

Official website: http://www.hachikuro.net/

My Review:
the top favourite anime on my list -before furuba- .. Funnier than most comedies and more touching than most dramas .. the story has simple plot yet grear lines .. nice characters .. from serious, cute, interisting,sexy to comedy character .. you will cry feeling their pain, laugh with Morita bizarre antics and affinity for money, wanting to cheer them .. as for me, my favourite character is Morita .. he is too funny that i sometimes shed tears from laughing T0T .. i highly rrecomand this serie for u all ^_^ .. try it and u wont feel disappointed ~_^

----------------------------------

Live-Action

"Shueisha has announced the Honey and Clover II anime will premiere this summer in Japan. Plus, the Live-action Honey and Clover film ".

when i hear about this news i was .. oh MY GOD .. extermly happy *jumping .. dancing* like crazy .. not only second seseon but also movie XD ..

Useful Links:
Review 4 each episode [read from the bottom] => http://www.designchronicle.com/memento/archives/honey_and_clover/index.html
best Review for the whole serie => http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/reviews/display.php?id=886
get Torrents for the anime => http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/609.html

Post Wed 03 May, 2006 09:26 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
Rin no Rekka
Red Psycho

Re: Honey & Clover [Review + Discusssion]  Reply with quote  

I know xD Im dying to watch the 2nd season xD Anyone read the manga here? Can give me spoilers? >.> <impatient>

Post Wed 03 May, 2006 10:52 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
linachan

Oh I wanna see the live-action Razz Don't they have to pick a really young loking girl for the aprt of Hagu O.o?

Post Wed 03 May, 2006 07:22 PM   
Rin no Rekka
Red Psycho

Im curious. Can anyone tell me why in this picture :

Morita is holding Yamada's hand? Where is this pic from? Which volume >.> (Stupid anime didn't give us much of who ends up with who)

lina-chan ---> Dont look that young to me (Hagu's actress).

Post Wed 03 May, 2006 07:31 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
linachan

@rin no rekka: yeah, she doesn't look so childish xD but as long as the anime itself is funny it's fine with me :p

Post Thu 04 May, 2006 05:35 PM   
Riku
Mum's boy/girl

quote:
Im curious. Can anyone tell me why in this picture :

Morita is holding Yamada's hand? Where is this pic from? Which volume >.> (Stupid anime didn't give us much of who ends up with who)

im not sure if this was on the manga bcoz i saw it in the OST cover ..

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=SVWC-7285

but keep in mind Morita did hold Ayu's hand in the anime. It was just a friendly gesture.

Post Fri 05 May, 2006 01:35 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
Rin no Rekka
Red Psycho

I know they hold hands in the anime. Thats y im asking where this come from. Seriously, this does not look like a friendly gesture. Thats y im so curious.

Post Fri 05 May, 2006 01:47 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
mungoberry2000

just saw episode 2 of Season II. it looks like it is shaping up to be just as good as the first. i can't quite put my finger on it but it looks like they tweaked the character design a bit- its not exactly the same - maybe less detailed?
and the color palette is so much brighter! i liked the nice, gentle watercolor tehy used in Season I but now everyone looks so much shinier and more vibrant Smile

Post Sat 15 Jul, 2006 07:53 PM   
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

LOL, I didn't notice much difference ^^ I've watched up to ep4 and it's pretty okay~ I followed the first season so of course I'll be followng this one as well to see what happens to all the characters Smile Still, so far I can't imagine rewatching them all ^^;;;; Any idea how long season 2 will be? As long as season1?

Post Tue 25 Jul, 2006 09:07 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
mungoberry2000

I think its only 13 episodes this time! which might be good- since i don't think they have enough manga material for a full 26. can't wait for more- just saw ep 3- nomiya's "gangsta" unicorns are SO FUNNY! Smile

Post Wed 26 Jul, 2006 03:10 AM   
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

Has anyone watched ep7 and ep8 yet? The poor Morita brothers >_______< I found those eps most touching so far... I really feel for Kaoru T_______T

Post Fri 25 Aug, 2006 11:56 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
Heavenguard

H&C is by far my favourite anime ever. It's very real, especially to me, since I am also a fine arts major with no idea what to do with my life when I'm done school. (Except Takemoto's already figured that much out... I'm still left wondering. Curse you, Takemoto.)

I don't feel for Kaoru that much, really. Well, I do for where he felt that his father favourited Morita (Shinobu). But as for the rest of it, I feel that he just let himself stay in an emotional ditch, rather than looking for more. I can sympathize for people who don't try to get more for themselves and wallow in their own pity, even if their sadness/emptiness/whateverness is genuine.

I'd like to say I feel for Hagu, but I just can't connect with her character at all. I cannot get past her 8-year-old appearance. Takemoto and Morita--- are you pedophiles or something?! How do you fall in love at first sight with someone that looks 8--- BEFORE you got to know her?!

Post Sun 03 Sep, 2006 02:11 AM   
Hikari_nekos
Mum's boy/girl

OMG!! ::heart::!! It was amazing!! I love both series. -sigh- my hopeful life in the future... -dazes out-

Post Fri 28 Dec, 2007 06:02 AM   View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ] AIM Address MSN Messenger

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: