mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

Review: Mars  Reply with quote  

Title: Mars (戰神)
Number of Episodes: 21
Broadcast Year: 2004
Based on: manga by S‘RYO Fuyumi

mangauniverse's Rating: 4.8 out of 5

Quick Synopsis: This is the story of a free-spirited and seemingly easy-going guy, Ling, who loves to race with his motocycle, and an introvert, art-loving girl named Qi Luo who avoids all contact with other people (especially those of the opposite sex). These two meet by chance when Ling asks Qi Luo the directions for a hospital and at that time neither of them knows how involved they'll get into each other's lives... because both bears wounds and scars inside and the darkness within attracts the other... Will Qi Luo be able to get to know the real Ling and will he be able to make her trust him despite her strong mistrust of men?

mangauniverse's Review: This is my FAVOURITE TWDRAMA of all times ^^ And definitely among my absolute top favourites XD It's based on the manga and follows the storyline faithfully, which I'm really grateful for because I loved the manga! They really did a good job on it Very Happy I know some some ppl is a bit suspicous about Barbie Xu (Barbie... what a name, huh?) as Qi Luo since she acted as the strong-willed and righteus girl in Meteor Garden, however I assure you that she did a great acitng job as the mild Qi Luo. And finally Vic Zhou's getting a more challening role as the complex human being Ling ^-^ *he did great* What I disliked in this drama was how they re-used some of the actors in there... on one occasion I even got a bit confused, because I kept thinking that I'd just seen him acting this person and suddenly he pops up again and is supposed to be someone entirely different.... so that's why the minus 0.2. Anyway this is a drama that I always recommend when recommending dramas... so if you haven't seen it, then you've really missed out on some good stuff!

Btw, Yoshi-digital is currently releaseing DVD version of Mars ^^ So far only 2 eps are out, but more is to come in the future so keep an eye on that XD They are in .mkv format so you can turn the subtitle on and off as you please ^____^ *really handy for us who wants to learn/practise chinese~~*

Last edited by mangauniverse on Thu 20 Apr, 2006 09:17 AM; edited 1 time in total

Post Thu 20 Apr, 2006 01:12 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
white_queen
Active baby

Re: Review: Mars  Reply with quote  

AH!! i'm reading the manga RIGHT now...
omigosh!! i can't believe they're making a drama!!
of course, the names are a tad different, but i mean...
OMIGOSH!! i wanna watch that so bad!! XD
i must get a hold of this...i'm calling my uncle..haha

Post Thu 20 Apr, 2006 02:33 AM   View user's profile Send private message   AIM Address MSN Messenger
shinhwa_gurl
Mum's boy/girl

i've read the manga a little and i've seen the drama..it's nice! i was surprised to see vic zhou play such a different role from meteor garden but i think he did a great job! as for barbie i guess she did a great job at playing her part too..

Post Thu 20 Apr, 2006 02:07 PM   View user's profile Send private message   MSN Messenger
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

Hehehe, yeah XD Guess how thrilled I was when I discovered there was a drama to it AND that it was starring Vic Zhou and Barbie XD It fulfilled my my high expectations ^^

@white_queen: LOL! Mars is already out XD *noticed u wrote: they're making a drama* It's almost a year old I believe... not really two~ Heheh, anyone who's read the manga and loves it is bound to love the drama as well XD

Post Thu 20 Apr, 2006 06:36 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
desertrose281

OH!! i didnt know it was made into a drama! cool! i still havent finished reading the manga tho - i read only the first few volumes (in a bookshop without buying, mwahahahaha) ..

Post Thu 20 Apr, 2006 06:41 PM   
white_queen
Active baby

@mangauniverse: yes..^^;; haha, i realized that after i posted..>< i was staring at the pictures n' was like: hey...2 0 0...4?! hahahaha.
that girl's name is really barbie?...o_o wait a minuteeeee--i think i've heard of her...XD but i cannot pin point it...
i take it this is in chinese...i will have to bring this up w/ my chinese friends' parents...hahaha.
and i recognize this dude too...although the picture makes both look so...unrealistically pretty...@_@*in awe*

Post Fri 21 Apr, 2006 12:24 AM   View user's profile Send private message   AIM Address MSN Messenger
moofii
The Unbeatable Moderator

ooo, if this is mu's all time favorite twdrama, then i'd better check it out Very Happy
although that thing about recycling actors is a bit weird... -_-;; still, gonna plan a trip the the nearest store selling twdrama dvds ^^

Post Fri 21 Apr, 2006 03:27 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

@white_queen: Barbie's chinese name is prolly NOT Barbie... however that's her "english artist name"... *wonder if she picked it out herself? Bad taste in that case~~* Yup it's in chinese all right Razz And yeah, those two acted in Meteor Garden as well Smile Though only Barbie was the female main character and Vic had a smaller role as one of the F4 members. It's prolly from there that you recognize them ^^ Hahaha, I know! I love that first pic... that's a really cute scene in Mars XD *heheh of course I pick out the best pics I can find for this drama!*

@moofii: YAY! Glad to spread the word of MARS drama for potential fans XD I was sure you had seen it though ^^;;;What do you mean with recycling actors? ^^;;;;;

Post Fri 21 Apr, 2006 02:20 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
moofii
The Unbeatable Moderator

quote:
What I disliked in this drama was how they re-used some of the actors in there... on one occasion I even got a bit confused, because I kept thinking that I'd just seen him acting this person and suddenly he pops up again and is supposed to be someone entirely different.... so that's why the minus 0.2.

mu: that's what i mean by 'recycling actors' ^^;; and, nope, i haven't seen it yet, but now i plan to~~ Razz

Post Fri 21 Apr, 2006 10:40 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

@moofii: Recycling actors! Hahahah! Perfect name for that phenomenon XD I'll be sure to use that ^____^

Post Fri 21 Apr, 2006 10:47 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
sadotsu
Mum's boy/girl

Yay, my favourite twdrama!! (Actually, the only twdrama that I can rewatch without falling asleep).
Amazing amazing series, loved it so much~~
But the flashbacks with Rei and Sei's mum were so creepy.

Post Mon 01 May, 2006 07:43 AM   View user's profile Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
yoh
Mum's boy/girl

As far TW Dramas goes for me, Mars is one of the few that I consider as nicely done and well acted. Vic Zhou definitely shone in this series, even at times out-doing Barbie.

Post Thu 13 Sep, 2007 05:44 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
Hikari_nekos
Mum's boy/girl

lol my mother and little sis saw it. I read some of the manga, its ok but I didn't really like it all that much.

Post Fri 28 Dec, 2007 06:26 AM   View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ] AIM Address MSN Messenger

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: