Dragon Voice Forum > Drama Discussion > Review: Goong (Palace)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

Re: Review: Goong (Palace)  Reply with quote  

News about Goong 2: seems like all the original cast, except for the one acting Yul, turned down the offer to act in the second season. So there'll be an entire new cast for it and it's now "Prince Hours" instead of "Princess Hours"... more info here:

http://www.wiki.d-addicts.com/Goong_2

The Se7en guy looks cute (the other guy looks like a goat though >___<), but I dunno... there's no way it'll be as good as season 1... I might try to watch it if there's not many other interesting dramas coming during that drama season~~

Post Fri 03 Nov, 2006 03:34 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
chamelean75

hmmm, I have just finished episode 7 of the series and I do like it so far though I prefer the Hana Kimi Taiwan drama. I had a question on Goong, is it normal for a 19 year old to still be in high school? Shin turned 20 early in the series and he's still in high school? Seems like the 4 major charactors are all suppose to be 19. Does anyone else find this weird or is it just me? help?

Post Mon 22 Jan, 2007 09:01 PM   
moofii
The Unbeatable Moderator

i'm not korean and am not completely sure, but when counting age, koreans use a unique system that's different than what most people are used to.
they count the number of years that you have been alive in, while others count the number of years you have been alive. for example, if i was born in december 2006, i would be one year old when i was born and then two years old after the new year because i have been alive in 2006 and in 2007. (instead of only being one month old).. thus, i would be the same age as everyone else who was born in 2006. apparently, koreans still celebrate their birthdays but do not become a year older until the new year.

as a result, the characters in goong, depending on when their birthdays are, are actually around 18, maybe even 17, by common standards, reasonably making them seniors in high school :]
also, i wouldn't be surprised if the author of the manhwa 'stretched' their ages so it wouldn't be too weird that shin and chaegyoung are getting married

anyone here korean? correct me if i'm wrong ^^

Post Tue 23 Jan, 2007 01:18 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
Hikari_nekos
Mum's boy/girl

Ah! So that is what it was called... I remember watching some of it with my mom, I really liked it. ^^

Post Fri 28 Dec, 2007 06:30 AM   View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ] AIM Address MSN Messenger
linhely
Mum's boy/girl

Totally I agree with mangauniverse's rating .. goong is sooo cool! i still havent watched eps 20-24 since im still waiting for the subs to come out - it took a lot of will power not to watch the raws..

Post Mon 30 May, 2011 04:54 AM   View user's profile Send private message  

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: