Dragon Voice Forum > Anime Discussion > Nana anime

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
desertrose281

Nana anime  Reply with quote  

has anyone seen the nana anime yet? i wanted to dwld it but wasnt sure if it was worth it since i was a bit disappointed with the Nana movie.. the manga rocks tho..

a review of the anime anyone?

Post Sun 16 Apr, 2006 08:46 PM   
moofii
The Unbeatable Moderator

Re: Nana anime  Reply with quote  

i haven't seen the anime, but after hearing some of the soundtrack, i was pretty disappointed. Sad my expectations might have been too based on the movie, which at least had song lyrics written by yazawa ai, but i didn't think the anime's music fit NANA's tone very much (especially anna tsuchiya *shudder*)

what was so disappointing about the movie?

Post Sun 16 Apr, 2006 09:38 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

well I was yet again impatient and downloaded the first ep raw ^^;;; Wanted to check out what the animeart was like... and well was kinda disappointed. The characters look nice in profile, but weird in other angles @_____@ So I decided to not follow it... however u might want to get someone else's opinion on it since that was only my first impression of it.

Nana movie was disappointing in a lot of ways I think... Such bad choice of actors... I didn't mind Nana too much, but I was like: "HOLY CRAP!!" when I saw the one acting Ren and the others! >_____< The only one I thougt fitted the role was the guy playing Nobu... so well simply I skimmed thru it and then deleted it from my comp. Didn't pay much attention to the music... I was too much in shock I think *the guy acting Ren was horrifying in my eyes...* Is the music in Nana movie good? Maybe I should try dl the soundtrack~~

A lot of Ai Yazawa's manga suddenly turn into anime.. her other work, Gokinjo something is also airing now. I think that one seem more promising.. at least the anime-art resembles the manga-art Smile I wonder if tennai'll get turned into anime in the future as well ^^

Post Sun 16 Apr, 2006 10:00 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
desertrose281

hmm.. nana anime doesnt sound too promising..

@mangauniverse: i agree with u about ren! i was like "NOOOOOO! ren is so much more hotter than that!!" but takumi is cooool~! thats him is my avatar, tetsuji tamayama, love at first sight hehehe...

@moofii: nana movie was disappointing cos of the actors, like mangauniverse said (except for oosaki nana and takumi of course, hehe) but also cos they didnt cover much of the story.. i guess i was just expecting more of it..

but it wasnt too bad overall - at least it wasnt so bad that i had to delete it from my pc, hehe

Post Mon 17 Apr, 2006 05:25 AM   
toes
Mum's boy/girl

in this anime i think we'll learn a bit more about the characters... i think nana anime won't go exactly like the manga and maybe put in a new twist?

and i agree with mangauniverse the movie is crap. i like both nana actors but there was some frusteration... ^^; i hate shin actor.

Post Tue 18 Apr, 2006 12:15 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
moofii
The Unbeatable Moderator

hmm... i suppose the movie's cast was somewhat disappointing... but i'm not sure if it's even possible for a movie or an anime to properly portray the complexity of yazawa ai's NANA characters... ^^;;

mu: the music in the NANA movie was pretty good. i actually didn't like blast's music that much (my medicine & glamorous sky) XD but yuna ito's (reira's) debut songs (journey & endless story) are at the top of my playlist ^^

desertose: i agree, the anime doesn't sound promising... they're just looking to make money using the manga's popularity >.<

Post Tue 18 Apr, 2006 04:07 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
desertrose281

quote:
i'm not sure if it's even possible for a movie or an anime to properly portray the complexity of yazawa ai's NANA characters... ^^;;

YES! nana chars are sooo complex that they can only be properly understood in the manga.. i think thats the problem i had with the movie - they didnt explore the chars enough.. it was sort of like "this happened then that happened" .. thats y i thought they could do a better job in the anime since they have more time..

@moofii: reira's songs are so nice!!

Post Tue 18 Apr, 2006 09:55 AM   
linachan

I agree the movie was crap and I also liked the music.

I think the anime isn't that bad...though I don't like Ai Yazawa's style that much in anime. I haven't read the manga, so I can't really say if it will be promising, but I think you have to watch it, if you don't like it you can always delete it. And when you like it you have another nice anime to follow ^^

Post Wed 19 Apr, 2006 07:58 PM   
shinhwa_gurl
Mum's boy/girl

i haven't seen the anime but my sis and i were reading the manga..

hmm so many of you are saying it's crap.?? is it really so? i was hoping it would be good.

Post Sat 22 Apr, 2006 04:39 AM   View user's profile Send private message   MSN Messenger
desertrose281

argh! i cant wait to go home and dwld nana anime to watch! so curious.. but i have to wait another week :'(

Post Sat 22 Apr, 2006 07:34 PM   
lys

I enjoyed the first two episodes (all I've seen so far). Of course, it is hard to create an animation based on art that's so stylized like Yazawa's is. But it still looks nice enough. I liked the OP/ED songs as well. But then, I've been a fan of both ANNA and OLIVIA since before this... and I wasn't interested in Yuna Ito's or Mika Nakashima's music for the movie either—I thought they are too pop-ish for Nana and Reira, or somethin. I think of the music in NANA as closer to punk/rock. So I thought, they chose more popular artists for the movie because more fans would be interested in it that way. Maybe I'm crazy ^^;

(as for Gokinjo Monogatari—is it actually airing now? I know the anime was made in the mid 90s or so, when the manga was more current. But I think some group just decided to fansub recently, so it's getting attention again (yay! :D))

Post Mon 24 Apr, 2006 02:12 AM   
mungoberry2000

hello! is it just me or are they draggin this series ridiculously? its ep 11 and we get a recap (11.5?!) nothing has happened yet- and we get a recap? its strange- we haven't even met up with Trapnest yet. oh well, its still relatively good but the pacing is definitely getting to me Smile

Post Fri 14 Jul, 2006 01:04 AM   

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: