Dragon Voice Forum > Anime Discussion > The 1st anime/manga that you fell in love with
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Rin no Rekka
Red Psycho

The 1st anime/manga that you fell in love with  Reply with quote  

The 1st anime that makes me who i am right now are sailormoon, yaiba ,wedding peach and ganbare! kickers. As for manga, it was doraemon (very popular for kids), dragonball and dragon quest (dai no daibouken). It was the powers that the characters have and the fantasy that is not in a normal day life that attracts me to all those anime and manga that it becomes a part of my daily life. Though.. the 4 animes that i watch are all dubbed in indonesian from the opening song (they dub it) to the seiyuu and to the ending song. Didn't matter to me much at that time though.

Post Sun 23 Apr, 2006 07:09 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
linachan

Re: The 1st anime/manga that you fell in love with  Reply with quote  

My first anime were Sailormoon, Rurouni Kenshin and DragonBall Z. I also didn't care that it was dubbed, at that time I didn't knew it was called anime or that it came from Japan because everything was still English, except Rurouni Kenshin, the opening was in Japanese.
My first manga were DragonBall and Peach Girl because my friend bought them, she let me read it ^^.

Post Sun 23 Apr, 2006 10:09 AM   
desertrose281

hmm.. i think my first anime was kenshin.. yes.. it was.. but i didnt know it was anime cos i just though it was a sat morn cartoon show.. but my first real anime (in japanese) was naruto.. a friend of ours dwlded it and let us watch.. then he showed us fma anime..

my first manga was naruto then bleach then kenshin.. then i found shoujo and started with that..

Post Sun 23 Apr, 2006 06:58 PM   
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

Hmm... for anime... hard to tell. My grandma used to tape boxes of videos from Hong Kong and bring them back for me to watch when I was a little kid. Didn't understand a thing but I was like any child and liked cartoons so~~ They usually consisted of various and random episodes like Galaxy Express, Dragon Ball and eps from series I still have no glue about ^^;;;; However among them there was the whole movie of Laputa and Nausicań and I really loved those so I'd say that was what got me into anime Smile *though it was more likely I was "brainwashed" with all those tapes~*

For manga it was RanmaŻ ^^ I found 3 random volumes at my relative's home in Beijing and was hooked when I looked into them~ I've liked drawing ever since I was little and manga drawing was something totally new and unfamiliar but SO fascinating XD

Post Sun 23 Apr, 2006 07:02 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
Rin no Rekka
Red Psycho

lina-chan ---> yeah sailormoon. it will always attract innocent girls.

desertrose ---> yea. I thought every anime i watch was either made by indonesians or americans.

okashira ---> grandma.... grandma... u have such a cool grandma... i never heard of a grandma that would record anime for her grandchild. wow.. im impressed. ._.

Post Sun 23 Apr, 2006 07:32 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
desertrose281

@linachan: i hated sailormoon cos they had these annoying high-pitched voices and spoke in monotone, rin no rekka will know wat im talking about Razz

quote:
okashira ---> grandma.... grandma... u have such a cool grandma... i never heard of a grandma that would record anime for her grandchild. wow.. im impressed. ._.

hahaha!! true! sounds so unreal

quote:
desertrose ---> yea. I thought every anime i watch was either made by indonesians or americans.

indonesions make anime..?

Post Sun 23 Apr, 2006 07:40 PM   
Rin no Rekka
Red Psycho

I dunno. the reason i thought indonesian makes it (when i was a kid) becoz they dub EVERYTHING in indonesian. Me, my elder bro and my elder sis just started watching anime. So none of us know it was from jap. And i have no one to tell me the truth. I forgot how i learn it was an anime. It was so long ago. ._. ur good. I also dont like annoying high pitched voice that tries to make the char look so cute though backfires. I dont really like sailormoon now since i grew out of it. but i still remember how much i like it back then.

Post Sun 23 Apr, 2006 08:00 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
desertrose281

u mean indonesion or malay? cos the ones they show on tv i think its malaysian made, not indonesian

i remember my bros went crazy over dragonball.. but i didnt like it

Post Sun 23 Apr, 2006 08:14 PM   
Rin no Rekka
Red Psycho

quote:
Originally posted by desertrose281:
u mean indonesion or malay? cos the ones they show on tv i think its malaysian made, not indonesian

i remember my bros went crazy over dragonball.. but i didnt like it

Indonesian. Didn't watch it using local channel. Used parabola to watch indonesian channels. Mmmm. I like dragonball when my bro drag me to read it.

Post Sun 23 Apr, 2006 08:23 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
lele

i grew up watching doraemon in indonesian too. i remember the first anime i watched there were doraemon, sailormoon, ranma and miracle girls. the first mangas i loved were dragonball, ranma, yuyu hakusho, kenshin and slam dunk.

Post Mon 24 Apr, 2006 04:06 PM   
linachan

@mangauniverse: Wow you have a cool grandma *o*, wished my grandma did that :p.

@Rin no Rekka: I know a guy from my class who watched it Very Happy

@desertrose281: Friends are kinda useful to get yourself addicted to fun stuff like anime and manga too. Without my friends I maybe wouldn't know that it called anime/manga xD.
I never saw the Japanese version or something only the Dutch (weird voices), Spanish (forgot how those voices were), German (I was six so I don't think I can remember it ><) and Chinese (yeah, it was kinda high, I think..) one. But that was a long long time ago since I really followed it... like 5-9 years ago or something...dunno why i liked it.

Post Mon 24 Apr, 2006 04:39 PM   
Rin no Rekka
Red Psycho

lele --> OOhh!! I watch miracle girls in indonesian too!! then chinese. But becoz of that anime, i was so crazy about having twins to teleport anywhere i want xD

Post Tue 25 Apr, 2006 09:06 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
white_queen
Active baby

seeing as how i was a kid when i saw anime...
it was sailor moon and pokemon (dude, i could SO recite the 150 pokemon rap when i was like...8. No jokeee)
manga...card captor sakura or sailor moon (sailor is SUCH a long series. i went in and was like: O.o;; danggggggg)
i don't really remember which one i got attached to first.

Post Wed 26 Apr, 2006 04:34 AM   View user's profile Send private message   AIM Address MSN Messenger
linachan

quote:
Originally posted by white_queen:
seeing as how i was a kid when i saw anime...
it was sailor moon and pokemon (dude, i could SO recite the 150 pokemon rap when i was like...8. No jokeee)
manga...card captor sakura or sailor moon (sailor is SUCH a long series. i went in and was like: O.o;; danggggggg)
i don't really remember which one i got attached to first.

Haha I think most of the fans of pokemon could do that...and I was one of them too == ;;

Post Wed 26 Apr, 2006 01:41 PM   
Rin no Rekka
Red Psycho

Im one of them too. Back then i didn't know Pokemon is jap. Thought american made them. I was soo obsess with pokemon. I even play all the pokemon gameboys from red to diamond.

Post Wed 26 Apr, 2006 02:02 PM   View user's profile Send private message  

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: