Dragon Voice Forum > Anime Discussion > The 1st anime/manga that you fell in love with
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
desertrose281

Re: The 1st anime/manga that you fell in love with  Reply with quote  

@white_queen: hahaha! my bros went nuts over pokemon.. they still have the pokemon trading cards and play them from time to time.. i watched the anime sometimes but it was just a cartoon for me, not a fav or anything.. altho i could recite some of the rap Razz

Post Wed 26 Apr, 2006 06:20 PM   
linachan

quote:
Originally posted by Rin no Rekka:
[color=red:edfd049e9a]Im one of them too. Back then i didn't know Pokemon is jap. Thought american made them. I was soo obsess with pokemon. I even play all the pokemon gameboys from red to diamond.[/color:edfd049e9a]

Yeah me too, I thought Americans made them because the songs were English... I collected the pokemon cards, now they're lying around...

Post Wed 26 Apr, 2006 07:04 PM   
Rin no Rekka
Red Psycho

Yea. Pokemon! Gotta Catch'em ALL!! xD My fav char in pokemon is gary (satoshi in jap? forgot). My pokemon cards are not lying around. They are simply somewhere. Probably thrown away.

Post Wed 26 Apr, 2006 07:08 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
linachan

Those cards were a waste...but yeah I was a lil' no-nothing-about-what-is-useful child back then...
Yeah I liked Gary too, better than Ash (dunno the Jap. names). My fav pokemon was Chikorita...ooh that was a long time ago when I was so overly obsessed...O.o

Post Wed 26 Apr, 2006 07:14 PM   
grace_ahne

I think my first one was Tenshi Muyo.. but I really hate the series now. Then is was Rurouni Kenshin. But the very first ever.. was hamtaro

Post Wed 26 Apr, 2006 11:41 PM   
linachan

@grace_ahne: Oh god, I used to watch that too :p dunno why I liked that..maybe the cuteness?

Post Thu 27 Apr, 2006 01:25 PM   
grace_ahne

yeah I know... I don't even remember what it was about..

Post Thu 27 Apr, 2006 07:37 PM   
Genesis

I remember falling in love with Sailor moon as a little kid. My mom eventually and literally banned me from watching it when I tried "blasting" my little sister "with my love wand" and dubbing her an evil minion from the "Negaforce".

Yeah she was pretty mad about that.

I remember still sneaking down anyway and watching it, but got caught. xD
A little later I fell in love with "Cardcaptors" but never recognized it as "anime". I just knew and loved the show and it's likes as "The shows with pretty colours and big eyes".
In the library one afternoon when I was in the fifth grade I picked up an Utena manga, "Oh that looks a bit like those shows on TV..." and it's history from there. CLAMP was the first manga-ka/manga group I attached to, ever since I read "Wish".
They, much later, indirectly introduced me to shonen-ai...and...MOVING ON.
Anyways, that's how it came for mes su. <3

Post Sun 30 Apr, 2006 02:31 AM   
linachan

@Genesis: wtf, though I think I would do the same thing if I got a lil sis or bro xD because I vaguely remember that I was playing with some plastic wand or something like that, pretending to vanguish some evil minion aka nothing/air...

Hmm I do remember I did such thing to my older brother...I think ^^;;

Post Wed 03 May, 2006 07:19 PM   
Rin no Rekka
Red Psycho

Ah. I didn't get to do that. I remember finding a wand stick from sailormoon thingy. I wanted my mom to buy that since she says that I can only buy one thing but i accidentally broke an ultraman toy with a spring thingy and my mom ends up paying for it with the money that was suppose to buy the wand. I was really upset coz i thought i would've been getting magical powers if i didn't broke that ultraman toy.

Post Wed 03 May, 2006 07:42 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
linachan

Hah I also had such thoughts but can't think of an example right now Razz

Post Wed 03 May, 2006 08:31 PM   
kyrin

I read Sailormoon in primary school...hahaha I LOVED IT I went to crank those token machines, sometimes they dropped me pretty cards with the Sailors on them. I still have them =P

First anime would be Cardcaptor Sakura. All my Shonen-ai tendencies would be their fault xD yukito touya... ahh! zettai daijoubu!

Post Fri 19 May, 2006 12:46 PM   
aurumice

The 1st anime that I fell for is Gyver.
It was really cool back then... it is violent and has blood all
over the place.

Post Sat 20 May, 2006 03:54 AM   
Madel5566

Hmm...1st anime would be Prince of Tennis (^^lll) that I fell in love with, Cause I just like the others.

1st manga would be...CLAMP works. Why I say CLAMP works? cause ist mangas were CCS and X/1999.

my love for shounen-ai started with Prince of Tennis>.<

Post Sat 23 Dec, 2006 02:11 PM   
Morbid Dream

My first and favorite manga is Instant Teen: Jusr Add Nuts. I can't really remember my first anime, but I think it was Sailor Moon.

Post Mon 19 Feb, 2007 03:44 PM   

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: