Dragon Voice Forum > Manga Discussion > Rurouni kenshin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
moofii
The Unbeatable Moderator

Re: rurouni kenshin  Reply with quote  

quote:
soujirou is like another kenshin. I guess thats y.

haha i think sou is sooo much cooler/cuter than kenshin XD
well, joking aside, i'd say that soujirou is verrry different from kenshin, who killed all those people because he really believed in his cause. sou was just blindly following someone that he worshipped

quote:
I dislike how the mangaka doesn't end what he started. For example when he says he wants to continue the manga more. And then theres the other manga. Gun blaze west. It was very interesting manga but he dropped it. =/

i haven't read any of his other works, but maybe it's because it's so difficult to measure up to RK? i hope watsuki isn't going to be a one-hit-wonder that just disappears after his debut masterpiece...

Post Thu 27 Apr, 2006 12:27 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
lele

i read gun blaze west. it had potential. note the word "had"...i just don't read his work anymore, unless they get loads of good reviews.

i feel like i'm part of a cult now, with the welcome sister thingy...but it's cool! let's preach kenshin!

btw, other than Soujirou, i like Saito. he's cool, sadistic and unexpectedly funny.

Post Thu 27 Apr, 2006 12:15 PM   
Rin no Rekka
Red Psycho

Yes. That is exactly what i mean. It has potential to be a good manga but the mangaka give up to easily coz not many people like it >.> Same. I dont read his work anymore until someone i trust the taste recomend me.

Post Thu 27 Apr, 2006 02:35 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
daylife

kenshin's not my ultimate fav manga (well... i dunno what's my ultimate fav at the moment.. lol), but Kaoru x Kenshin is unforgettable... lol... my most favourite couple out of all the mangas i've read... *sigghhh...

Post Sat 29 Apr, 2006 08:29 PM   
desertrose281

@rin: ur talking bout watsuki's work rite? i like his art in 'busou renkin' but the storyline is just.. wierd.. try reading a chapter and u'll know wat i mean.. at one stage he's got this guy prancing around in his underwear.. it was just - gross..

@daylife: kaoru x kenshin are def unforgettable.. i also really loved tomoe x kenshin.. i think i liked tomoe better than kaoru - shes somehow deeper and darker.. Twisted Evil

Post Sun 30 Apr, 2006 06:01 AM   
Rin no Rekka
Red Psycho

Yup Im talking about his work. Gun Blaze West is not weird. Just about adventure. Agree. I like Tomoe more. Her personality shines more to me as a character than kaoru's.

Post Sun 30 Apr, 2006 07:41 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
lele

desertrose281: OMG i saw that underwear scene and immediately put back the book! it was just gross man! and what's with the mask?!?! that story had potential too, but somehow i find the execution somewhat...lacking in impact.

kenshin's not my ultimate favourite, but it ranks among my top 10. i remember it was one of my most anticipated series and it made me interested in japanese history (samurai era).

Post Sun 30 Apr, 2006 07:56 AM   
desertrose281

quote:
Originally posted by lele:
desertrose281: OMG i saw that underwear scene and immediately put back the book! it was just gross man! and what's with the mask?!?! that story had potential too, but somehow i find the execution somewhat...lacking in impact.

kenshin's not my ultimate favourite, but it ranks among my top 10. i remember it was one of my most anticipated series and it made me interested in japanese history (samurai era).

mwahahaha! yea, that underwear scene and the mask thing made me and my bro freak out.. i really didnt expect it after reading kenshin! i guess our expectations were too high..

kenshin's historical impact made me fall in love with historical mangas, especially anything to do with swords/samurai!!

Post Mon 01 May, 2006 06:18 PM   
linachan

Oh god it's a couple of years ago when I watched this. I was really addicted at it, the stories were so good! Hmm though i'm talking about the anime...is the manga really a lot better? O.o

Post Mon 01 May, 2006 08:40 PM   
desertrose281

quote:
Originally posted by linachan:
Oh god it's a couple of years ago when I watched this. I was really addicted at it, the stories were so good! Hmm though i'm talking about the anime...is the manga really a lot better? O.o

YES very much so.. personally i prefer manga to anime anyway but most kenshin fans would agree that the manga is better, RIGHT SISTERS?! now i really feel like a groupie..

Post Tue 02 May, 2006 12:01 AM   
moofii
The Unbeatable Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by desertrose281:
YES very much so.. personally i prefer manga to anime anyway but most kenshin fans would agree that the manga is better, RIGHT SISTERS?! now i really feel like a groupie..

LOL, i agree! RK manga is definitely better than the anime~~ Very Happy

Post Tue 02 May, 2006 01:37 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
Rin no Rekka
Red Psycho

quote:
Originally posted by moofii:
quote:
Originally posted by desertrose281:

LOL, i agree! RK manga is definitely better than the anime~~ Very Happy

Agree as well. Manga is definitely better than the anime. Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by Rin no Rekka on Wed 03 May, 2006 04:52 PM; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue 02 May, 2006 05:49 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
lele

triple agree! the manga's better than the anime no doubt. plus it ended happily. i thought Kenshin looked bad with short hair though

Post Wed 03 May, 2006 04:30 PM   
linachan

@desertrose281: I also prefer manga over anime but at that time I never heard/read (of) a manga x__X ...

Another manga to read in my list then :p ... I have to write them down I think ... I really have a lot to read :s btw does someone know where to get them?

Post Wed 03 May, 2006 06:52 PM   
Rin no Rekka
Red Psycho

Here. Server down though.

Post Wed 03 May, 2006 07:24 PM   View user's profile Send private message  

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: