Dragon Voice Forum > General Discussion > Does this call for an Introduction?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Genesis

Does this call for an Introduction?  Reply with quote  

Now where must I begin...
Oh yes...

Greetings, Salutations, Bonjour, Hola, 今日は, Gutentag, 여보세요, 您好, مرحبا, Ciao and Yo .

My name is Lor, but my alias is Genesis and I'm pleased to make your aquaintance.

Hm...
Now what?...
Um, about myself?

Well, I'm of a spanish hertiage and call beautiful Canada my home. I'm in my mid-teenage years, with a love for Language. (While English comes naturally, I currently am pouring into studying Italian, Japanese, Korean, French, Chinese and of course Spanish, which I'm quite good with.)
This among other things, I love to read, dance (Hip-hop and Latino), sing, listen to music non-stop, (I listen to music in eight different languages and can't live without it. Meaning there's always an earpiece stuck in my ear or a stereo pumping somewhere if I'm around...), Dark magic/Tarot/Runes, sketch and write. Writing no doubt improves my handle on the English language too, it's something I throughly enjoy. ^^ Oh and GUYS . But we won't diverge into Genesis's mind on that matter. O.o
Hm, what else...oh yes.
I'm terribly split. I have three sides of me. ^^;;
The one you see most of on the interent is the girl who has studies and reads...but outside that I'm quite...different. But we won't get into that.
In a good mood you see myself with a more childish exterior, and infortuitusly, use the suffix "su"... I'll try to not in such a manner. Hehe... ^^;;

Whelp, can't think of much more to rant about, so I suggest I take my leave. I bid you all adieu. *bows*

Ps. I proofread for DV. whoo~

Post Sat 29 Apr, 2006 10:29 PM   
moofii
The Unbeatable Moderator

Re: Does this call for an Introduction?  Reply with quote  

haha nice to meet you, genesis. i'm impressed by your multilingualism :]

Post Sat 29 Apr, 2006 10:55 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
Rin no Rekka
Red Psycho

Oh my... Too much language... You trying to kill me.. Evil or Very Mad How old are you genesis?

Post Sat 29 Apr, 2006 11:01 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
Liiz

Lessee.. English, english, french, spanish, japanese, german, korean, chinese, arabian, spanish and english?

you forgot swedish! Surprised

Post Sat 29 Apr, 2006 11:17 PM   
desertrose281

wow~~ so many languages.. i wish i could speak that many..

Post Sun 30 Apr, 2006 05:53 AM   
linachan

Wah O.o you can speak so many languages. So cool :p
Im also addicted to music when I haven't my own music with me I always start to sing myself xD not that I can sing pretty O.o

Post Mon 01 May, 2006 11:13 AM   
lee_jennifer92

Shocked Wow!! You know so many languages!! I wish I knew that much!! I only know English and Korean Razz. How long have you been studying the different languages?

Post Tue 02 May, 2006 06:54 PM   
Liiz

wait, genesis speak all those languages?
not even my dad speaks that many languages Confused

Post Tue 02 May, 2006 07:07 PM   
Genesis

*slaps forhead* i never said I speak them all, (well not fluently) i said I'm [i:2643600360]studying[/i:2643600360] them all. ^^;;;;
I can speak, write and understand English, Spanish and French. I'm studying (very hard! Shocked ) Korean, Chinese, Italian and Japnanese.
Oh as for how long I've been studying. Well, I've been studying French for five years (It's mandatory for a period of time in schools here in Canada, but I study outside class too) and Spanish, well, I try to whenever I can in my house. O.o and Japanese for four years (I haven't attempted much Kanji/Hiragana/Katakana too much yet, mostly grammer and speaking) But I can hold a decent conversation, and understand a great deal in raw anime. Chinese, on and off for two years. (Hanzi is so hard! I mean, if Kanji is hard and it's a simplified version of hanzi then... Shocked ) Italian, studying for the last year or so and Korean is fairly recent, last six months. It only took me two weeks to be able to recognize/read the Hangeul alphabet which is cool. I can read aloud the words, it's [i:2643600360]understanding[/i:2643600360] them which is hard. *sweatdrop* I'm not all that old, so besides mother tounges, it's hard to build experience on different languages.
I'm trying to study lots, but it's hard between all this schoolwork and other stuff in my life. PLus, it's a lot to learn. I even wanted to start Arabic, but...my brain. TwT

Ugh, now look... Now you've got me started, and I'm ranting like a weirdo T.T now everyone probably thinks I'm some bookworm freak, (I'm not, really, just language! O.o) who rants on about useless stuff. TTwTT

Post Tue 02 May, 2006 09:49 PM   
Liiz

still amazing Surprised
i think i'm taking too many languages and it's only english, swedish, japanese and 2 different chinese dialects... Confused
oh and i took spanish for 4 years so i understand a little Confused

STILL, you're AMAZING! How old aaaaare you?! Shocked

Post Wed 03 May, 2006 07:40 PM   
Genesis

Oh, I'm fifteen. (well fifteen in just a bit less than two months, whoot. *marks calender*) Sad I know I'm such a little kid and I'm so weird, I know. Sad

(ooh which dialetcs are you learning in Chinese? Cantonese and Manderin? 8D)

Post Thu 04 May, 2006 02:03 AM   
linachan

Is Mandarin a dialect? I thought that it was more a official language of China... but now I think about it, it is a dialect of Beijing...

Post Thu 04 May, 2006 10:10 AM   
Rin no Rekka
Red Psycho

Yes. It is a dialect. Theres lot of chinese dialect from cantonese, mandarin, hakka, etc. Even though they are called cantonese, some cantonese dialect in hongkong(or mandarin? i forgot) for example is diff from the one in Malaysia.

Post Thu 04 May, 2006 12:51 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
Liiz

@Genesis: i'm learning both cantonese and mandarin, well i know how to speak it but i take classes to learn reading and writing,. The dialect i speak at home is cantonese and i understand the dialect hakka which my grandfather speaks, can't speak it though. Razz

@linachan: yeah, mandarin is a dialect but it's kind of official too since everyone has to learn it in school in china Laughing

@rin: yeah, the cantonese in hong kong and malaysia are kind of different, the way to pronounce things and that they sometimes use different words for the same things, otherwise it's not that different. it's comprehensible at least Laughing

Post Thu 04 May, 2006 02:33 PM   
linachan

From which region is Hakka, I never heard about that dialect...

Post Thu 04 May, 2006 02:52 PM   

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: