Dragon Voice Forum > General Discussion > Does this call for an Introduction?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Liiz

Re: Does this call for an Introduction?  Reply with quote  

mm well, southeast mostly i think.. it's more of a country dialect Razz there are another dialect that sounds really similar which you can kind of understand and that's more to west china Very Happy

Post Thu 04 May, 2006 03:18 PM   
linachan

I speak some dialect which is very similiar to that of WenZhou though the accent is a bit different

Post Thu 04 May, 2006 05:21 PM   
Liiz

oooh, do you speak mandarin or cantonese then?

Post Thu 04 May, 2006 08:06 PM   
linachan

hmm a lil' bit mandarin, but I can write more than I can pronounce/forming phrases .. though I would like to pronounce/form phrases better than write O.o ------- and I mean really a lil' I just started learning it.

Post Thu 04 May, 2006 08:44 PM   
Liiz

oooh then that's good Very Happy mandarin is really easy to learn coz there's pinyin! i only started learning it a year and a half ago but now i can practically speak it fluently Laughing you'll learn to pronounce and phrase sentences real soon! might even become an expert Razz
it's reaaaaaaaal easy!

Post Thu 04 May, 2006 09:02 PM   
linachan

I'm learning it at some (bad) chinese learning school for almost three years now, though I almost every time get 100/100 on tests I can't speak/from phrases x__x only write them when someone says them or so... Basically I only learned how to wirte there, the rest of my (lil') knowledge of Mandarin is from myself when I was little (I watched lots of C-drama when I was little till my bro got irritated that I watched the dramas over and over... he hid them TT__TT...stupid bro ==...

Post Thu 04 May, 2006 11:02 PM   
Liiz

i see.. well.. make more chinese friends! the ones that speak mandarin then! there are a lot of those around me which explains why i learned it so fast Very Happy well actually, one of my childhoodfriends is mandarin and i've kind of understood it ever since i was 4 or something.. i just couldn't speak it Razz
you have a pretty funny bro! i guess it's an older brother since he actually dared to hide it Laughing in my case, i would've searched the whooooooooole house for it! i wouldn't tolerate that somebody hid something i like Razz

* Liiz's specialty is to find things, especially hidden things she likes~ *

Post Fri 05 May, 2006 07:52 AM   
linachan

Well I knew where it was because one day I just looked on the closet while jumping on my parents bed xD or else I wouldn't have seen it...I was little like...1 meter or something x__x ... I did try to stand on a chair and some pile of books ... but I still couldn't get it ==;; I'm glad that I didn't found any books anymore or what could've happened...

Post Fri 05 May, 2006 01:00 PM   
Genesis

Aw, wow you guys are so awesome, bilingualism is a great thing to have. It must really be nice ^^
Wow, I feel so un-asian. ^^;; xD My chinese/korean friends say that I can fit right in with asians but I still feel outta place. xD;;;

Post Fri 05 May, 2006 08:03 PM   
linachan

but you're more plurilingualism than me, even with asian languages. I can only speak 1 asian language ''fluently'' and it isn't really a language more a dialect xD... I dunno how asians really act though I have chinese friends, they're also from the country where I live in.

Post Fri 05 May, 2006 09:07 PM   
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

Hahaha, cool~~ I'm studying mandarin myself, but I'm far from fluent in it ^^;;;;; So that's something I plan to improve on... same with learning more japanese Smile (has taken the beginner's course only so far).

btw linachan, cool banner u got there XD

Post Fri 05 May, 2006 11:38 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
Rin no Rekka
Red Psycho

quote:
Originally posted by linachan:
but you're more plurilingualism than me, even with asian languages. I can only speak 1 asian language ''fluently'' and it isn't really a language more a dialect xD... I dunno how asians really act though I have chinese friends, they're also from the country where I live in.

What do you mean u dunno how asians really act? @.@ (Im an asian). Anyways can only speak 1 asian dialect fluently. My local dialect. I knew how to speak chinese fluently when i was a kid but over time that language just pop out of my mind.

Post Sat 06 May, 2006 03:36 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
linachan

@mangauniverse: thnx ^^

@rin no rekka: I've never been with ''real'' asians xD that's what I mean. Ah
that's a bummer that that happened :s

Post Sun 07 May, 2006 11:36 AM   
Liiz

i've been "gone" for 2 days and the posts flood in like crazy -.-

@linachan: yeah, it was a good thing you didn't pile more books.. who would've known what would have happened then Razz

@Genesis: you don't need to feel left out, you're asian enough.. more than me i think Razz and i think you know more languages than me. i only know 3 Rolling Eyes

@mangauniverse: learning.. i thought you were mandarin.. you're not?

@rin: you're asian too?

Post Sun 07 May, 2006 07:00 PM   
Rin no Rekka
Red Psycho

Yesh, im an asian. The post didn't flood like crazy. Its still not much. If it flood like crazy u would see atleast 1-3 new pages.

Post Mon 08 May, 2006 06:33 AM   View user's profile Send private message  

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: