Dragon Voice Forum > Manga Discussion > Anyone wanna be a Manga-ka?

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
azn_juliet

Anyone wanna be a Manga-ka?  Reply with quote  

[color=red:f8989b6430]Laaaaaa Liiiiiiiii Hooooooooo
Hi Hi!!, I'm new and i was wondering, if you or anyone who loves manga sooo much!. Did you ever think about drawing your own?? or witting you dont really have to draw your own manga to be a manga-ka you could always just pay someone too draw them for you >_< lol i just wann ahear any opinions ^______^ Do-zo [/color:f8989b6430]

P.S. If your really interesting then Visit www.Tokyopop.com and cheak out there rising star Manga-ka and storie witters progrm!! ^_______^

Last edited by azn_juliet on Wed 24 May, 2006 09:21 PM; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed 10 May, 2006 11:01 PM   
linachan

Re: Anyone wanna be a Manga-ka?  Reply with quote  

I want to be a manga-ka, but that's kinda hard to do it in my own country (where I live), so I have to travel to another country to study it x__x.
I have tried several times to make a manga for my own but I always lose interest after some pages/ I get sick of adding screentones/ whatever... so I don't know if it would be appropiate to become a manga-ka but I still have time to decide...

@azn_juliet: do you want to become a manga-ka too? ^^

Post Thu 11 May, 2006 04:08 PM   
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

Hahahaha, yeah I know. That thought has struck me before Smile But yeah... you'd prolly have to move to korea, china or Japan to be able to get such an education... so I'll settle for editing manga for some english publisher in the future ;P *as a sidejob*

However I still believe that my sister has what it takes to actually become one... or something similiar. She's awesome at drawing positions, which I suck at ^^;;; Anyway my sister was saying she'd learn how to add screentones and all that this summer so maybe she'll actually do something XD *hope so*

Post Fri 12 May, 2006 03:16 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
linachan

@mangauniverse: Does your sis' use the computer to add those screentones or using real tones o.o?

Post Fri 12 May, 2006 04:46 PM   
white_queen
Active baby

i used to want to be one...but i've seen how much work it is...and now..haha
not anymore... i'd rather stick to the writing the stories and drawing posters or something. an artbook. that'd be cool.

Post Sun 14 May, 2006 03:32 AM   View user's profile Send private message   AIM Address MSN Messenger
Rin no Rekka
Red Psycho

quote:
Originally posted by white_queen:
i used to want to be one...but i've seen how much work it is...and now..haha
not anymore... i'd rather stick to the writing the stories and drawing posters or something. an artbook. that'd be cool.

SAME! I wrote stories and I have lots more in my brain. Just the problem of drawing which i have absolutely no talent in it. So same as okashira, im gonna stick with editing manga but as a main job in the future.

Post Sun 14 May, 2006 01:36 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
lele

hmm, funny how age can change a person. when i started reading manga, i actually collaborated with 2 juniors to draw a manga. we've got the story, characters, location, names everything figured out. we even started drawing out the drafts and inking them. then we graduated and poof, all gone. sad neh? now there's no time to draw manga if i want to have a life.

Post Sun 14 May, 2006 03:38 PM   
linachan

@lele: Yeah that happens all the time, that they stop making a manga with friends or stop drawing manga after graduating.. I hope that i won't stop or get sick of it in the future...

Post Sun 14 May, 2006 03:49 PM   
kii-chan

I think I wanted it for all but...2 years in middle school. But then I realized, in the States it's difficult to break into the manga business, and a lot of these manga-ka artists are like...probably under a lot of pressure by deadlines and stuff. As for the drawing and toning, I have a bit of experience with CGing, and it doesn't seem as time-consuming as CGing, nevertheless, Americans now do have one route to becoming a manga-ka artist...Tokyo-Pop's Rising Star thing where they get a bunch of people to do short 10-15 page mangas to see if they could be the enxt big manga artist...ara.

I've talked to much. XD Silly habits of mine...whatever.

Post Sat 19 Aug, 2006 04:03 PM   
lei_xang

it's been a long time dream of mine, before I even knew manga really existed. I don't even know how it works, but I always wanted to draw comics/graphic novels, because I'm always dreaming of new stories but I writing isn't that strong. The biggest factor in mt lack of personally made manga is the lack of experience with frames, which I plan on learning through editing ^^

Post Mon 02 Oct, 2006 01:20 AM   
shiver
Mum's boy/girl

I've thought about it.

But I just like to draw mangas by myself just to have an outlet, so I don't think I'll stop anytime soon. I just usually pick up from where I leave off. But yeah, screentoning is tedious.

It's just a hobby thing mostly.

Post Wed 27 Dec, 2006 07:59 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
selinawen
Mum's boy/girl

I wanna be a manga-ka!! I've created my own mangas too and well...It's my ambition!

Post Sun 08 Jul, 2007 12:03 PM   View user's profile Send private message   Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
willnira
Mum's boy/girl

LOL, it's kinda hard in my country and If maybe I wouldn't suck so much at drawing maybe I'll probably study that or paint (:

Post Thu 20 Aug, 2009 10:51 PM   View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ] Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: