Dragon Voice Forum > Manga Discussion > Which genre do you like best?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Which type of animanga do you like most?
Romance
63%
 63%  [ 19 ]
Fantasy
16%
 16%  [ 5 ]
Horror
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Action/Adventure/Battle
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
Sports/Hobbies
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 30

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
lele

Which genre do you like best?  Reply with quote  

i'm sure all of us gathered are animanga fans, so what's your favourite genre? of course we like many and most, but surely there's one that you'll never be sick of?

for me it's fantasy. i like knights, dragons, magic and all. if romance is added it'll be better!

Post Mon 17 Apr, 2006 04:05 PM   
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

Re: Which genre do you like best?  Reply with quote  

Hahah! Yeah I'm also for fantasy XD I also like magic, dragons and knights in general so that's what I mostly read when I read novels XD However when it comes to manga I can't say I know a lot of manga in that genre that I really liked.. most of them are adapted from games and they never interests me. Then there's the Himi-chan's Ribbon mangas with magic and stuff.. cute and all but nothing to dwell on.

No, what I prefer most is angsty dark shoujo manga with elements of the supernatural or sci-fictionarl XD *in other words, all reiko shimizu stuff ^-^* But of course I'm also a fan of hilarious mangas like TDOR, Family complex, Princess Princess, Beauty Pop etc... and cute ones like Penguin Revolution and Koukou Debute Smile Sometimes you just need some lighthearted manga and to lighten up the day ^^

Post Mon 17 Apr, 2006 04:56 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
lee_jennifer92

It's hard to pick cuz for me, I like fantasy and romance! But I guess romance, because a lot of the manga/manhwa I read is mostly romance. But for books/novels, I would definatly pick fantasy!! Razz

Post Mon 17 Apr, 2006 08:41 PM   
toes
Mum's boy/girl

i like drama ones ^^; but not over the top drama, impossible drama like a guy died and he came back to life for his love or something like that = =
i try to read different types of manga and right now i got really interested into mysterys! but i can't find a lot of those...

Post Tue 18 Apr, 2006 12:10 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
aurumice

I choose fantasy. Actually it's between fantasy and action.
I like fantasy and adventuristic type of manga and anime (not much of these lately). Comedic is fine too.

i hate most romance where the lead is just an ordinary guys.
Somehow this ordinary guy had too many gals falling for him (just not logic). And he's forever hesitating which flower to pick from a bouquet.

Sport is OK.. but when it comes to manga/anime is becomes
quite too exaggerated. Just my my 2 cent worth. XD

Post Tue 18 Apr, 2006 12:40 AM   
sadotsu
Mum's boy/girl

quote:
Originally posted by aurumice:

i hate most romance where the lead is just an ordinary guys.
Somehow this ordinary guy had too many gals falling for him (just not logic). And he's forever hesitating which flower to pick from a bouquet.

Bwahahaha like Ichigo 100%?
The type of manga that I really really like doesn't really fit into any category, it's more like just dealing with human relationships and stuff, storylines that can cross over into real life. A good example is Honey and Clover.

Post Tue 18 Apr, 2006 04:07 AM   View user's profile Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lele

adventure/fantasy? would one piece or rave count in as those? for fantasy manga, i love Suikoden III, Elna Saga, Kanata Kara, Slayers and Tales of Destiny.

i swear i had included drama/slice-of-life option in the poll...hmm...as for mystery/horror a few nice ones would be by Yoko Matsumoto. Jigoku Sensei Nube scared the s*** out of me sometimes.

Post Tue 18 Apr, 2006 02:44 PM   
Rin no Rekka
Red Psycho

quote:
Originally posted by sadotsu:
Bwahahaha like Ichigo 100%?
The type of manga that I really really like doesn't really fit into any category, it's more like just dealing with human relationships and stuff, storylines that can cross over into real life. A good example is Honey and Clover.

Sadotsu, i deleted one of ur double post. Just informing u and yea i dislike the type of genre that makes 1 male char that is liked by every girl char (mostly) in the series. Like ichigo 100% and love hina.

The genre i like is something meaningful and have valuable lesson in life like furuba, one piece, naruto, hachikuro and etc. For that reason, the genre i like is scattered. Some are in shounen and some are in shoujo. Overall I am more to shounen. Like Naruto, One piece, Bleach and Gash. It would be nice if the mangaka added abit of shoujo romance in there.

Post Tue 18 Apr, 2006 03:06 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
linachan

hmm... I think I like romance the most ^^
though fantasy is nice too O.o

but I'll chose romance because I just like such things...^^ (can't really describe why I like it ><)

Post Tue 18 Apr, 2006 04:09 PM   
white_queen
Active baby

i'm die-hard romantic.
well, the funny kind that ends sweetly.
kinda like goong...hahaha.

although fantasy and action were tempting..
i just cannot live w/o fantasy...
i need that unreal quality to whisk me away.
action...COME ON. who does NOT like some fighting in there?
it heats everything up a few notches, i think.

if it's all that cutesy-shoujo action...meh...
i just might pass.
it has to be hard core, ya know? people need to get duffed up a bit.

the only thing i cannot stand is horror.
many can say that it's not that scary...
my mind likes to make things scarier and i keep
turning my head to look behind me...
haha, i'm paranoid...^^;;

Post Tue 18 Apr, 2006 06:16 PM   View user's profile Send private message   AIM Address MSN Messenger
desertrose281

romance is definately the genre for me.. altho i do read shounen sometimes (like naruto, bleach, fma etc) bcos of my bros..

i like gender bender mangas too - like hanakimi, princess princess etc

Post Tue 18 Apr, 2006 08:43 PM   
shinhwa_gurl
Mum's boy/girl

hmm..i have to say Romance..i just luv it!..and once i start reading a romance manga i get really addicted..it kills me if i can't get the other volumes soon! ><

Post Wed 19 Apr, 2006 11:37 PM   View user's profile Send private message   MSN Messenger
lee_jennifer92

@linachan: wow linachan! We're alike here too!! I couldn't pick between fantasy and romance Smile

@white_queen: I understand what you mean about the horror stuff! I really like reading horror manga (I don't know why) but I hate horror movies (although I really like to know what it's about for some reason), but a lot of the time I read horror manga, I get all creeped out cuz I think my imagination makes things seem a lot scarier after I watch/read it!!

@desertrose281: I really like gender bender mangas too!! I don't know why, but I do Razz like hanakimi, power!!, and princess princess. Do you like the ones where the boys are the ones who dresses as a girl? Like W-Juliet or Tenshi Ja Nai? And I have a younger brother who likes Shounen manga too, so he's getting me into it Razz, actually, I think he's the one who got me into manga!! Then, I learned about shoujo manga Smile

@shinhwa_gurl: I really get what you're saying!! like if I read maybe even the first chapter of a romance manga (usually) I just MUST read the other chapters!!

Post Thu 20 Apr, 2006 01:05 AM   
desertrose281

@lee_jennifer92: yea, i read w-juliet and tenshi ja nai as well.. hanakimi is my all time fav tho! such a beautiful story *sigh*..

Post Thu 20 Apr, 2006 08:01 PM   
boatswain

I like Sci-fi romance, like Tsukuba Sakura's stuff XD <3

Although I do like more shounen stuff, though.

And I also like gender bender mangas. I think those are pretty funny romance stories. But only short ones; Hana-kimi got a little tiring after a while.

Post Thu 20 Apr, 2006 09:34 PM   

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: