Dragon Voice Forum > Anime Discussion > Noein

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

Noein  Reply with quote  

Has anyone watched this anime? I've been following it for a while and currently waiting for Shinsen-subs to release the final episode which seems to be 23? At least the the preview for it in ep 22 hinted that *normally a series end with 24 or 26 episodes.. oh well* It's quite an odd one, but I like the concept of parallell timespace/worlds and even though the art normally would have made me lose interest in it, the story was actually intriguing enough for me to keep watching ;P What's most special about this anime, in my opinion, is the sudden change of anime-art somewhere along the series! It got like REALLY good and I was quite awed since everything looked great and gorgeous all of a sudden... and then it reverted back to that weird anime-art that it had from the beginning and hasn't stayed that way. I keep wondering what the reason could lie behind that, so if anyone knows please share the info ;P

I won't rate this yet until I find out how it ends... this anime kinda reminds me of Technolyze, though Technolyze was much darker and cynical, but somehow it gives me a similiar feeling. That one had a really sad ending~ I would not want to watch it again >___< Gilgamesh is another anime that I think belongs to the same genre... kinda ^^;;;; I liked it lots when I was following it, but was SO disappointed with the ending! *it sucked big time* So it'll be interesting to see how Noien ends... good or bad?

Last edited by mangauniverse on Fri 26 May, 2006 12:59 PM; edited 1 time in total

Post Thu 25 May, 2006 05:52 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
mungoberry2000

Re: Noein  Reply with quote  

I'm so glad you posted about this show! I think its 24 episodes. i've been waffling on and off on whether to watch it or not. i might have to give in to temptation- even though i'm watching too much as it is - LOL. i know one site which has detailed reviews about each episode of noein- the bandwidth is currently used up though so you may have to wait till June to view his analysis- but from what i remember- the guy was blown away by the ending. He really loved it Smile
here is the link:

http://www.ass-no-ryu.com/animeblog/

Post Fri 26 May, 2006 02:37 AM   
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

Really? Cool! I'll be sure to check that website when June arrives XD So for once, I might actually be satisfied with the ending of an anime of this genre~~ ^^ *crosses fingers* Thanx for the link!

Post Fri 26 May, 2006 12:52 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

I just went and read that guy's review on Noein! Wow~~ that was cool XD He sure is observant and I glad it ended to his satisfaction. I must agree that Atori is also my favourite character in that anime ^^ *though not in the beginning, but afterwards when they kinda brought him back* His bond with Miho is really interesting ^^

Post Sun 04 Jun, 2006 06:30 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
mungoberry2000

i finally got so fed up with the lackluster summer season that i went and watched the first 2 episodes of noein because you seemed really excited about it. Wow. Its SO impressive visually! the characters do look a little weird but it sounds really really interesting- i think i'm in it for the long haul Smile

Post Mon 18 Sep, 2006 02:02 AM   
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

YAY! Glad to hear that you started watching Noein XD You won't regret it ^o^ And the best thing is all the eps have been fansubbed so you don't have to wait for ages for the next one to get released ;P Enjoy the watching ^^

Post Sat 23 Sep, 2006 11:40 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
mungoberry2000

WOW!! Thanks so much for recommending this mangauniverse!
i finally had a day off and literally watched the entire series straight through. It kept me totally riveted Smile It was fantastic!! I can't believe i waited so long to start it. Everyone should definitely check this show out- it has a very nice and touching storyline along with a neat sci-fi feel. It gets a little strange here and there with the odd art but overall just a really nice series without too much filler. This is definitely one of my top 3 from 2005 now Smile

Post Tue 26 Sep, 2006 02:25 PM   
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

Hahahah, I'm happy you like it XD And yeah I totally agree with you ^-^

Post Wed 04 Oct, 2006 03:49 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
soullessfool
Mum's boy/girl

I've finished watching that over a year ago. ^^;
I don't really remember a lot of the detail, but I really love it. <3
It's exactly 24 episodes. And there are Dvds coming out in english. xD;