Dragon Voice Forum > Feedback/Suggestions > TO ALL DRAGON VOICE'S STAFF!:)

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
LALA

TO ALL DRAGON VOICE'S STAFF!:)  Reply with quote  

hello pardon me for not knowing the right place to put my message but I NEED TO GET THE ATTENTION OF DRAGON VOICE'S STAFF for a moment..

I DONT KNOW IF YOU GUYS ARE AWARE OF THIS BUT A SCANLATION GROUP HAS ALTERED YOUR RELEASES and PLANNING TO ALTER MORE OF YOUR PROJECTS... I HAVE TO INFORM YOU GUYS SINCE I AM REALLY DISAPPOINTED KNOWING YOU GUYS ARE PUTTING EFFORT TO EVERYTHING YOU'VE BEEN DOING SO FAR YET SOMEONE (A GROUP) IS STEALING YOUR WORK. THE SCANLATION GROUP IS CALLED "SWEET PROJECT"... AND THE PROOF THAT IT HAS BEEN ALTERING YOUR WORK IS HERE: http://miarroba.com/foros/ver.php?foroid=1071781&temaid=5665316.

B.O.D.Y and other works of yours has been translated to their language [spanish] and yet even putting THEIR OWN CREDITS in these PROJECTS!!! [try downloading chp 1 to see what i am talking about] i was really mad after finding this out!!! THEY HAVE ALSO ALTERED OTHER SCANLATION GROUP'S WORKS (shoujomagic, smm, tenshi-tachi, manga-project)

I AM REALLY SORRY FOR MY PUBLICITY. i really dunno how to contact neither where to put this post for you guys to know and so... JUST LETTING YOU KNOW, OUT OF GRATTITUDE FOR THE EFFORTS YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN MADE FOR US! and to think that other group would even dare to use other's works is COMPLETELY the dumbest thing to do!

Post Fri 27 Oct, 2006 03:55 AM   
moofii
The Unbeatable Moderator

Re: TO ALL DRAGON VOICE'S STAFF!:)  Reply with quote  

oh wow... i remember reading about how they were using some of tenchi-tachi's projects without asking, but i didn't realize they were taking DV's too! Mad

however, when i read sweet project's replies to tenchi-tachi's complaint (they have a whole thread on it here ), i realized that they really don't think they're doing anything wrong. in fact, they consider complaints from scanlators immature, arrogant, and selfish, and they feel highly insulted when scanlators ask them to stop stealing.

sweet project's attitude really does piss me off, but admittedly, a couple of their arguments are valid...
they argue that:
1) we english scanlators aren't doing anything more legitimate than they are; it's not like we ask permission of the publishers, do we?
2) once scans are on the internet, they don't really "belong" to anyone
3) sweet project gives "sufficient" credit to the scanlators from whom they steal

quote:
and to think that other group would even dare to use other's works is COMPLETELY the dumbest thing to do!

the problem with this is that these people really don't think they're doing ANYTHING disrespectful. i'm sure they have received plenty of complaints, but judging from their 100+ "projects," i doubt they care that people are mad. on the thread i mentioned above, someone even said that she doubted the existence of a single spanish-language group that asked permission to translate scans, and if one existed, she would like to see one "XDDDD" (my goodness, those spaniards use "XD" a lot).
so i really think it's a "cultural" difference; what can we do about it if they are so convinced that they are being perfectly legitimate?

anyway, thanks for letting us know

Post Sun 29 Oct, 2006 04:56 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
sailorliones
Mum's boy/girl

Re: TO ALL DRAGON VOICE'S STAFF!:)  Reply with quote  

You guys are doing one thing of getting the manga out there, and so are they. the difference is that you work your ass of, and they aren't. i would hope they stop doing that, but human stupidity is unprecedented compared to anything else in the world, especially in groups.

Post Mon 08 Sep, 2008 02:31 PM   View user's profile Send private message  

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: