Dragon Voice Forum > Everything Else > I don't know how to read the scans in the manga list.

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
kju0717

I don't know how to read the scans in the manga list.  Reply with quote  

um i don't know how to read the scans in dragon voice manga list. can somebody tell me how (detailed if possible)?

Post Mon 02 Apr, 2007 07:55 AM   
ezpoang

Re: I don't know how to read the scans in the manga list.  Reply with quote  

Sure thing, hopefully I can do a good job at explaining it though.

Basically they are all zip files in some form (I think they are all *.zip), so you have a couple options. If you really want, you can unzip them using a program like winrar or stuffit for example, and view the picture files in any image viewer like the built-in one in windows and mac osx even.

Now, if that seems a bit of an annoyance (you'll know what I mean if you read a lot of manga), you can get a comic viewer. The best ones that I know of are CDisplay for windows and ffview for mac osx. Each of them lets you open the zipped up file in the viewer, so you don't have to unzip them. You can then navigate using the keyboard to move around the page or turn the page. It's quite easy once you get the hang of it, and I didn't feel that it had a difficult learning curve at all.

CDisplay (windows) can be found here: http://www.geocities.com/davidayton/CDisplay
Ffview (Mac osx) can be found here: http://www.feedface.com/projects/ffview.html
If I'm not allowed to link those, someone please pm me and I'll remove them...either way I think those are the first matches on google if you search for them.

There are probably other good comic viewers out there, just these are the two I have the most exposure to.

I hope this helped!

Post Mon 02 Apr, 2007 02:30 PM   
moofii
The Unbeatable Moderator

ezpoang, you're so helpful :]

Post Tue 03 Apr, 2007 05:31 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
ezpoang

@moofii: I try Smile That and I figure that everyone needs help with stuff somewhere so why not explain what I can to others

Post Tue 03 Apr, 2007 02:18 PM   

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: