Dragon Voice Forum > Everything Else > Someone seems to be selling your scans

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
xelan
Mum's boy/girl

Someone seems to be selling your scans  Reply with quote  

I just thought I should let you know that I found a website that is charging a fee of $25 a year for scanlation downloads and some of your Family Complex chapters are there. They didn't even bother to remove the DV from the title.

Here's the link: http://members.animebw.com/list.php?ft=manga&cat=Family%20Complex

I don't know if maybe they worked out a deal with you or something, but since you removed the chapters from your own site, I thought something might be fishy.

Post Wed 19 Sep, 2007 12:43 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

Re: Someone seems to be selling your scans  Reply with quote  

Thanx for the notification... we definitely did NOT! We're not doing this for profit. It's not just FC, pretty much all we've scanlated... *shakes head* It's utterly despicable! I would very much like to throttle them. *fumes* The ppl who pays for what's free are fools, though.

Post Fri 02 Nov, 2007 03:11 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
ltu
Mum's boy/girl

I figured, once this thread here was brought to my attention, I would tell you my side of the story. Users do not pay for content on my site. They pay for the use of a server. We do not charge for anything more than them using our server to access the files. We leave all credits from scanlations, translations, or whatever 'lation there is, intact. This is including the original filename that we got it in.

For example, Megaupload offers downloads for free, but they also have a premium membership option. Just because they offer premium membership does not mean they are selling any of the files that they host. They are selling the server and the bandwidth. A type of mini server rental, if you will.

We have removed the files, even though you have not requested it of me since this thread was made. I can not promise they will forever be removed, as someone might request it and we may not realize it was translated by you guys. If you do notice any more of your translations on our site, and would like it removed, you can always contact us.

Oh yes, feel free to throttle me manga. ;D

Post Thu 24 Jan, 2008 04:29 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
mangauniverse
The Undead Site Admin

Hello Itu!

Oh, thanks for taking time to explain by posting here but even more so for removing our scanlated stuff from your website! I thought you guys were aware of our hosting policy, but didn't care and hosted anyway and for a price... I should have emailed to inquire about the situation (I was given the impression that it was a lost cause trying to e-mail). I no longer harbor any ill feelings toward your site and I'm definitely relieved... this has been nagging at me for a while. Thank you for respecting our hosting policy and if I see more of our stuff uploaded to your website in the future I'll be sure to e-mail and ask you to remove them.

Ah, I'll keep my hands to myself ^^ and reserve the throttling for the persistent spammers who keep pestering this poor little forum...

Post Fri 25 Jan, 2008 07:35 PM   View user's profile Send private message  

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: