Dragon Voice Forum > Manga Discussion > Nana
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
desertrose281

nana  Reply with quote  

argh! i just read the latest chapter of nana.. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

SPOILER ALERT
how could takumi do that?!?!?! poor nana! and ren! wats happening to uuuuu! and who is this beautiful girl with yasu?! and omg is nana in love with yasu or something? go and look after ren! he needs uuuu!

whew.. needed to get that off my chest.. every nana chapter that comes out is just so packed with drama.. and so... depressing..

Post Sat 22 Apr, 2006 08:22 PM   
white_queen
Active baby

Re: nana  Reply with quote  

would you mind giving a brief summary?
i've seen this one the shelves...
how good is it in a rating of 1-10? (10 is best)

Post Sun 23 Apr, 2006 09:26 PM   View user's profile Send private message   AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nami Queen

It talks about 2 girls, sharing same name NANA & their enounters in love & life...& these 2 bands - how their life get entangled into it.

Very great character development for almost all the main characters.
Quite a drama read...but very SOLID! totally unexpected developments along the way and the story is kind of realistic as this can happen to any of us. If you miss a volume, you really can't catch up what is happening..

I'll give it a 9 out of 10!!

Post Wed 26 Apr, 2006 02:51 AM   
red_head
Mum's boy/girl

arnt you being a bit harsh? id give it a 10/10 but then im addicted to it...
Very Happy

isnt Yasu starting to love that other chick (cant remember the name but in the entertainment building)? Confused

Post Fri 28 Apr, 2006 09:58 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
SnoWfReaK
The Unbeatable Moderator

red_head: "that other chick" = Miu ...i think

desertrose281: I agree..
Does this count as SPOILER?:
what is Ren doing!??!!! it's making me depressed >.< and i don't think Nana is in love with Yasu, probably trying to control him like she was trying to do with Nobu and Nana.

white_queen you should definitely read it Very Happy

[the spoiler thing is not working >.< ..how do i change background colour?]

Post Fri 28 Apr, 2006 10:59 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
Riku
Mum's boy/girl

well .. as for me ..
i really thought the story was very good ..
and i really like it alot ..
but i stopped at volume 3 .. why u ask !!
[[SPOILER]]
i stopped at the part were BAKA Shouji tells Nana that he is seeing another girl ..
which really made me angry ..
i couldnt bring myself to continue reading ..
so will she meet another guy ?!
will the other Nana meet the boy she used to like ??

[[END]]

but i am watching the anime version which i thing is good Wink

Post Fri 28 Apr, 2006 11:07 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
moofii
The Unbeatable Moderator

Riku: oooh you should definitely start reading the manga again, it only gets better after that part (IMO); i think you'll end up forgiving shouji Very Happy

Post Fri 28 Apr, 2006 08:46 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
daylife

i really liked nana when i first started reading it..

but having screwed up relationships one after another... gaaaah... will it never end?? i prefer more straightforward relationships/stories/plots...

it started out pretty good for me.. now i'm reading it for the sake of finishing the story...

if u like dramatic stories and stuff... doesn't get more dramatic than this... probably the reason why it became a tv series too...

Post Sat 29 Apr, 2006 06:51 PM   
moofii
The Unbeatable Moderator

quote:
but having screwed up relationships one after another... gaaaah... will it never end??

lol~ hmm... i think the "screwed up relationships one after another" are why NANA is so popular; it's so much more realistic than so many other shoujo manga in which there is/are couple[s] that are determined and then it's happily-ever-after. and i agree that it, of course, adds to the dramatic element of the series too :]

Post Sat 29 Apr, 2006 11:04 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
desertrose281

@snowfreak:

SPOILER ELEMENTS
i dont think nana is in love with yasu.. she's just so emotionally dependant on him and she has this idealised image of him that she cant let go of or else her world with shatter..

@daylife: the screwed up relationship thing is exactly what makes it popular, as moofii says.. altough i agree with you on the whole straightforward plot thing since its SOOO much less depressing Very Happy

@moofii: i hardly think nana is realistic o_0.. i mean, most of them are stars..

Post Sun 30 Apr, 2006 06:07 AM   
daylife

realistic??

hmmm... on second thought, u have a point... most of the relationships in nana, i've had friends who've had them... lol.. but of course they don't occur one after another, that'd be way too dramatic...

btw, i haven't read a shoujo manga that's realistic anyway... lol.. imagine getting together with my childhood friends/sweetheart... oh gawd!! and they all happen in highschool or something... man, i'm already in uni... too old!!

the drama in nana happens consecutively or something... like it's perfectly timed drama, hence unrealistic in that sense... making it a perfect tv drama..

and i... well, i don't like getting involved in dramatic relationships.. and i don't really like complex relationships.. so i still prefer straightforward relationships... lol.. dun u think it's important to understand what you really feel? and what u really want? if you're so double-minded about it, the only victim will be urself... (<== yeah, an attempt to sound all wise... bleh)

Post Sun 30 Apr, 2006 01:58 PM   
lili

I love NANA! But my gosh, things are getting way to complicated now. Things are heading to the darkside! >_<

Post Tue 02 May, 2006 02:30 AM   
moofii
The Unbeatable Moderator

haha, i guess i just said "realistic" because in nana, the characters don't find their one true love at the age of 16 and then live happily-ever-after after hooking up the first week they meet... Razz

Post Wed 03 May, 2006 04:35 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
desertrose281

quote:
Originally posted by moofii:
haha, i guess i just said "realistic" because in nana, the characters don't find their one true love at the age of 16 and then live happily-ever-after after hooking up the first week they meet... Razz

lol! yea, i know wat u mean..

Post Thu 04 May, 2006 07:05 AM   
Rin no Rekka
Red Psycho

Question. What is so appealing about nana? I always see how popular it was and try the 1st chap. I didn't like it though, Even the review. The storyline intro. (just asking so that i will consider to read it or not).

Post Sat 06 May, 2006 03:26 AM   View user's profile Send private message  

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: