Dragon Voice Forum > Music Section > Classical Music..what do you think?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Do you like classical music?
Yes, very much
84%
 84%  [ 11 ]
No, thanks
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
it's okay....tolerable
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 13

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
white_queen
Active baby

Classical Music..what do you think?  Reply with quote  

So...what do you think of classical music?...like or dislike?
i tend to like most...although i'm biased since i play violin,
and used to play a huge variety of them...^^;;

it's much better to play than listen,
although i think when you listen, you get to relax more
and enjoy the emotional content you're getting from the
performer... kinda like a movie...(if that makes any sense)

you?

Post Tue 25 Apr, 2006 09:45 PM   View user's profile Send private message   AIM Address MSN Messenger
SnoWfReaK
The Unbeatable Moderator

Re: Classical Music..what do you think?  Reply with quote  

I like classical music, but then there aren't many types of music i particularly dislike, except for most rap music >.>

I'm probably biased too cuz i used to play piano until i went to university

I agree with you that listening and playing are very different experiences, but i enjoy listening more since I suck at piano and tend to concentrate more on playing the right thing than on the music >.<

Post Tue 25 Apr, 2006 10:51 PM   View user's profile Send private message  
white_queen
Active baby

hey, are you a canadian citizen??

for me...performing is so exciting...
listening...depends on my day.
in the car, sure.
but if it's a concert, i'm sleepy the first half,
then really awake the second half...^^;;
so embarrassing...T-T

what's your favorite piano piece?

Post Wed 26 Apr, 2006 12:53 AM   View user's profile Send private message   AIM Address MSN Messenger
SnoWfReaK
The Unbeatable Moderator

yes i'm a canadian citizen. why do you ask?

haha. sleeping in concerts is all good. it's all the comfy chair's fault. and at least you wake up for half of it... i usually sleep through whole movies at theatres >.>

i don't have a favourite. i only remember the last piece i hated was the one i had to play for my piano exam ;P (i think it was sacro-monte by joaquin turina ... weird piece). but i'll probably like it the next time i play it =D

Post Wed 26 Apr, 2006 01:34 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
desertrose281

hmm.. classiscal music.. i only like certain songs but i find them nice to.. i like it when rock bands integrate classical instruments into their songs - i find it really cool.. j-rock does this quite a bit thats y i like it Very Happy

i guess im not into traditional classical music as much as the comtemporary styles of it.. gee.. am i making any sense?!

as an example of wat im talking about, i really like gackt's 'misty' from his diabolos album..

Post Wed 26 Apr, 2006 02:27 AM   
white_queen
Active baby

@snow: well, my friend's also a candian citizen...and i LOVE the way "you people" talk!! XDDDDD well, i'm in love w/ accents in general...a weird habbit of mine (that is irrevocable, i daresay) is i speak w/ a british accent when i'm really tired... like when i'm so tired it's even tiring to talk...^^ ><
back to the topic..^^;;
was it a modern piece?...some are really modern...and weird. to say the least.

@desert: i know what you're talking about. rest assured, you are still sane and you make sense. haha^^

i think i like beethoven in general...he's the only composer i can think of that i like 90-ish% of his work.
and vivaldi...never can go wrong w/ an italian baroque composer...haha ^^;;

i think the piano has the most beautiful sound of all the instruments (sorry to my violin). in my home, i have a broken in, sweet-toned steinway. it's sooooo beautiful ^^!! and as much as i can appreciate jazz and pop songs on pianos or other instruments, only classical music will do for me. (on the piano)

Post Wed 26 Apr, 2006 03:44 AM   View user's profile Send private message   AIM Address MSN Messenger
linachan

I don't listen to classical music a lot, but there are some pieces which I like but I don't know their names though...

Post Wed 26 Apr, 2006 01:43 PM   
dreamer^^

Yeah same i never know the names of the classical music i litsen to ^^; But i sometimes don't remember the names of some j-pop songs...

Classical music is very relaxing (it helps me sleep) and i really like the piano sound, though i do play the piano.
But i think classical music can be a bit too long so it can get too boring

Post Wed 26 Apr, 2006 08:27 PM   
linachan

@dreamer^^: Yeah I also like the piano sound. When it's hard to fall asleep I always put on classical music, not because it's boring or so but it just works so calming ^^ ... I can play a lil' piano, though I can only read the simple music sheets.

Post Thu 27 Apr, 2006 01:11 PM   
Liiz

classical music is goooood! i always relax when hearing it!
the fact that i love instrumental music is a plus whenever there's classical music played in school or something Very Happy

It's kinda weird.. or.. i think i'm kinda odd in my family.. my oldest sis Rebecca played the violin, my other sis played the piano, my youngest bro played the flute and my other bro plays the guitar... i was the kid running around outside playing soccer and basketball Confused
Tho i want to play the piano, my mom didn't let me...

I don't think i'm making any sense here... Confused

@linachan: ooooh, same for me! I can only play a little, kinda picked it up when my sis were playing.

Post Sat 29 Apr, 2006 10:31 PM   
Genesis

quote:
Originally posted by white_queen:
@snow: well, my friend's also a candian citizen...and i LOVE the way "you people" talk!! XDDDDD well, i'm in love w/ accents in general...a weird habbit of mine (that is irrevocable, i daresay) is i speak w/ a british accent when i'm really tired... like when i'm so tired it's even tiring to talk...^^ ><

Ah, I didn't know Candians had an "accent." But then my Dad says Americans have accents too, like northern Americans. Well he has no right to speak though, because he has a heavy accent, so what does he know xD

I love classical music. But then I love all music types with the exception of Country. My friends think I'm weird, that I can listen to Metal, Classical and Rap in the same hour >.> But to love music, is too love all music. Sort of xD
Someone once told me taht classical music "makes you smarter." I don't know if I believe it though. But it's soothing to listen to none the less.

Post Sun 30 Apr, 2006 01:36 AM   
moofii
The Unbeatable Moderator

Genesis: well, apparently, listening to mozart's compositions can temporarily (like, for 5 minutes) raise your IQ 15 points or so... but i don't know if that study is very accurate... and i've also heard that classical music (especially music from the baroque and classical periods) can help people's brains forge more connections or something...

but check this out: it's an excerpt from the july 29 1997 issue of the washington times
heavy metal makes killer mice, teen finds
David Merrell, a high school student from Suffolk, VA., won top honors in regional and state science fairs for his experiment involving mice, a maze, and hard rock music. After establishing a baseline of about ten minutes for the mice to navigate the maze, David started playing music ten hours a day, then put the mice through the maze three times a week for three weeks. His findings: the control group of mice, which did not listen to music, were able to cut five minutes off their time; the mice that listened to classical music cut 8.5 minutes off their time; and the mice that listened to hard-rock music took 20 minutes longer to navigate the maze. David said, "I had to cut my project short because all the hard-rock mice killed each other. None of the classical mice did that at all."

Post Mon 01 May, 2006 03:34 AM   View user's profile Send private message  
linachan

@Liiz: You have a really musical family ^^ ... hmm maybe your mom was getting crazy about all the music? Though it's unfair :s

@Genesis: Hmm if classical music really makes you smarter, I have to listen to it when i'm learning something for school then xD

@mooffi: didn't knew that heavy metal had such influence on mice..oh god O.o

Post Mon 01 May, 2006 10:47 AM   
sadotsu
Mum's boy/girl

I LOVE classical music!! Hate pop music. Eurgh.
People at school call me a nerd because I have 500MB of Chopin music on my iPod. Wah~~~
I hate studying music theory though. Yawn.

Post Thu 18 May, 2006 10:24 AM   View user's profile Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
linachan

@sadotsu: 500MB!? Where can you get so many classical music? O.o Though I've never tried to search for class. music in mp3 format. xD

Post Thu 18 May, 2006 07:35 PM   

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: